Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Why is my dog not eating anything?

Over last 3 day, my 2 year old male dog is not eating anything but still he can eat water. From last two weeks, he is eating very little. And from last 3 days, he has completely stopped eating. But 3 days ago, he was able to eat meat and he ate meat with full interest. He is showing no signs of diarrhea and vomiting.

After that incident of eating meat, he gave up food. But take into reminder that he was eating very little from 7 days before that incident of eating meat. I bring meat very occassionally at home as I am from India.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Is there a b itch in season anywhere around locally.   Entire males will often go off their food if upset by an inseason b itch - and it doesn't involve diarrhoea or vomiting.   Just a total lack of interest in food, and so condition!

If this is what's going on (and unless this is a new b itch to the area or you'd have noticed this before) is to do with a b itch, he should return to normal as soon as she comes out of season - usually within a couple of weeks given he'd not be affected until she's in 'standing heat', at around 10 days into the season.

As long as he's still drinking and not dehydrated, he should be ok but if this goes on for much longer, I'd see his vet.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Going off food is the first thing a pet owner notices when a dog is sick. When a dog goes off food something is seriously wrong. Time to call the Vet & get an immediate appointment. Only a Vet can examine & diagnose the problem & know what to do when it is known what is wrong.

There are no Vets on this site You need to take the dog into see a Vet. Call in the morning & explain & see if you can get in tomorrow. This could be very serious.

• Sky
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Take your dog to the vet.  Loss of appetite is always a sign that something is wrong, from a minor problem to a serious one.

• 1 month ago

Take it to a vet. But since its been over a week you clearly care nothing for the dog 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • patty
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

any dog who does not eat must be very sick and in pain. take to a vet

• 1 month ago

Ask a vet about this

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.