promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Can capable candidates be rejected by companies?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

SURE! There are so many of them out there the employer has the pick of the litter so to speak.   If he has ten people from Rutgers he does not want someone from Penn State. They may not mix in well!

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Of course they can. They do it all the time. You may have hundreds of applicants for a position, obviously only 1 person can fill the slot.

• 1 month ago

yes          .

• 1 month ago

In May of 2019 I got an email to come and take a test for a job With Clackamas County in Oregon, I  was one of 20 people there to take the test for one job. probably a total of 60 people applied but i was of the top 20 , And many in that room appeared to be atleast sowmehat qualified in my eyes.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Capable candidates can, and often are, rejected by companies due to the large number of applicants they often receive. I've interviewed a number of applicants for a single position and I've always chosen the individual that I thought was most qualified even though all were often qualified.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Of course. They might have more capable candidates than they have openings. And a lot more goes into hiring decisions than whether you can do the job. THEY get to decide if you're capable or not, and whether to hire you, as long as it's not based on a legally protected class.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, companies can reject whoever they want whenever they want.

If you were to work, for yourself then this would be a different story. A company would not be able to necessarily reject you. If you were to create your own company then it would be yours, and if you were to choose to hire people then NOBODY would have the authority to reject you.

Yes, people can choose not to work, for you if you wanted your own employees, or not be your client, or customer, or use whatever you produce, and this is as far as goes.

I did say necessarily reject you, so that can be perceived in different ways. If you were to work with, or for a different company then yes, you could be rejected, but if the company belonged to you then nobody would be able to reject you. Because your company would belong to you.

I explained above different ways people can be rejected, and that's what I currently know.

• 1 month ago

Some openings will have lots of capable candidates...meaning the company needs to pick the best one...

Can capable candidates for food be rejected by individuals?  Of course, if there are multiple options which would all work...an individual might reject one of the food options...because they dont need them all.  Its the same thing with jobs...

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Of course.

Although they don't do it on purpose, companies hire morons all the time. 

• 1 month ago

Yes, sometimes people are shortlisted and the names go into a hat.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.