how do I celebrate wedding anniversary without cakes and gifts?

• Mr. L.

Celebrate with sex and spending quality time together, that’s what me and my wife do, we’ve been married 29 years.

• Ocimom

Just go out with another couple to a nice restaurant and celebrate, or just the two of you have dinner and a movie or other event.

Many times we will book a B&B to stay at overnight for our anniversary - no cake, no presents but an interesting day in another part of the state to visit.

• sarah

Go out for dinner and a movie...and then, come home and get it on. ;)

I find that minus all those those extraneous things sex is usually welcome ;-)

Light a candle say a few words and sing a song have a card or something like that.

• Kelly

Gifts and cakes aren't necessary, many times we just go out to eat or cook at home..  both ways with or without our kids.

I value time with my husband more than gifts from him.  I can buy my own material items.  He has a really demanding career so sometimes time with him can be rare.

I host a golf outing for foster kids every year and it fell on our anniversary last year.  I golfed in the outing and since he doesn't like golf he was basically was put to work.  He did whatever we asked.

• drip

We have rarely had cake on our anniversary.  We go out to dinner or have even stayed in and cooked a good meal.  

By spending time with your spouse, and celebrating however the two of you want to.

You don't need presents or cakes to celebrate (nor are these standard for celebrating anniversaries; just the wedding itself)

Many couples go to a restaurant for dinner. Sometimes they go to the movies before or after the meal. 

• tony

picnic...Relive Your First Date.., so you can relive those memories /Have Your Own Personal Photo Shoot

o to places that hold special meaning to you and your significant other. Perhaps you could stop at the place you had your first kiss or the church where you were married. Ask a passerby to take a couple shots of you.

Is there a romantic, cheap weekend getaway package that you and your spouse have always wanted to explore but have never gotten around to doing?

Watch Your Wedding Video

Just Be Together..Take the day off from work, turn off the cell phone, stop checking your email, and just spend some quality time together and save money. Keep it simple and remove yourselves from your busy everyday lives. Celebrate your life together because that is what your anniversary is all about.

If you have kids, see if your parents or in-laws will watch them for the night. Book a rental through Vrbo and spend the night away together. You don’t even need to leave the city to enjoy a romantic night away.