Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 1 month ago

Have you ever spent a whole night in the graveyard to prove that ghosts don't exist?How'd it go?

• Phil M

If ghosts did exist, why would they hang around a grave yard?

yes, but ghosts scared me away.

• Jesere

No, however I have lived in two places which had resident ghosts.

• Prince

We saw ghosts. We had sex. Saw a Lurker ooze out of President Tyler's tomb in Hollywood then flow into a flask. 

Spending a night in a graveyard to prove that ghosts don't exist?  That's like spending a night on a bus to prove global warming doesn't exist.  It's utterly pointless, and doesn't prove anything.

• JimZ

It is funny, not ha ha funny, that you get two thumbs down for a perfectly sensible answer.  I had to at least give you one TU to counter that.  

One told me to move at a funeral home when I was blocking the door way but there as no one there. I heard whispers around me at the grave yard but no one was there.

• Mr. P

No but I did spend about 2 hours in an abandoned church crypt by myself one wet and windy night after the door was mysteriously shattered from the inside.

The floor was wet, and sticky with a black goo that was seeping through the brick walls. As it was below ground with a graveyard outside it could only be what you decompose into - a black treacle like substance...and I was standing in it. No spirits there though.

I did spend a week in a rented farm manor house - 3 floors 15 rooms, outbuildings, summer house which my parents rented for the week. Weird thing was all the drawers and cupboards were full of clothing and possessions, and the lady who handed us the keys didn't come in, she just said to use up any food in there.

That place was so active we had a hard time sleeping.

My parents slept on the middle floor with just us and the kids on the top floor. Knocking on the walls, sometimes on the backs of mirrors enough to make them bounce, stuff moving on the dressing table overnight, sounds of piano music late at night (there used to be a piano by the marks in the lounge). We kept this from the kids but they ran out screaming one night because they had just come out of the bedroom to say goodnight and when they went back in there were piles of books all over the room - they hadn't been there seconds before. 2 days later they ran out screaming again because the tapestry in a frame in that room "came alive".

Constant visions of a woman shouting at us wearing a black uniform with puffy shoulders. We found her in a black and white photo in the bathroom - she was the housekeeper!

Saw 2 boys playing cricket outside and breaking a window in the dining room. When I checked the window - only one pane was different - the one I saw broken, but had been repaired over 80 years ago as the puty was different but cracked as it was old.

When we left the woman apologised, and said she was renting it while she cleared the estate. She was away at university when the entire family died on the same day in "an accident". - they were still there!

• JimZ

There is no way to prove something doesn't exist.  Proving something exists isn't easy but proving it doesn't exist is impossible.  You might be able to prove it isn't in a particular time and place but with a ghost you couldn't even do that.  

1 idiot sleeps in a graveyard and declares there's no such thing as ghosts. oh good, now we can all relax.

One night doesn't prove anything one way or the other. That's Stupid and it's hardly scientific proof and the word of one idiot doesn't prove anything. it just proves you're an idiot to sleep in a graveyard thinking that it proves something.

I pick up on energy to easy I would never spend the night in a graveyard lol I’m adventurous but I’m to scary