Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 3 months ago

How to import wine into Canada? ?

I plan on moving to canada soon for work but by favorite wine, Duplin wine, isn't sold in canada. The closest place it's sold is Toledo. Is there any way I can just import like a few bottles every few months without having to drive down and back to Toledo to get some. As far as I understand I can only bring 1.5L across the border anyways which is just two bottles. 

Wine shop Europe online https://wevino.store

I'm sure they have just as awful wine in Canada as Duplin

• TheGOPHateAmerica

Duplin is sweet and I'm not a big fan of the salty tasting bitterness earthy taste of dry wines

You can bring more, they just charge a tariff on it. How much depends on citizenship and so forth. You can ask customs and figure out the details.

You need to find a wine dealer that you can special order from and see if you can get it. There's no reason you couldn't, it's just going to have that same kind of extra mark up.

Do you have a question?

• TheGOPHateAmerica

Do you have an answer? My question was clearly defined. It's not my fault you're illiterate.

The only way, short of making a lot of trips back and forth, is to speak to an importer / exporter or go through whomever is in charge of liquor sales in the province you wind up in.

I know that most, if not all, of the provincial government run liquor boards up there are able to import just about any alcohol you request so long as it's by the case. It's going to cost you though as you will have to pay the import duties, tax and whatever else they decide to tack on top of it.

My suggestion? Find another wine that is sold similar to your Duplin and buy that instead.

Here are some general requirements:

No more than 45 L of beer, wine or alcohol can be imported per shipment.

You can only import into your province of residence and must be of legal drinking age in your province.

Authorization must be obtained from your provincial liquor board before customs release.

READ MORE ...

https://borderbee.com/2016/03/07/import-alcohol-ca...