promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 month ago

Why do so many Americans drink light beer, isn't regular Budweiser / Coors / Miller watered-down enough already ?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • blank
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because they like the beer. People should be able to drink what they want and not be critized for it. If you don't like them 5hen don't drink them. Simple.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

So I guess Guinness, Becks, Heineken and nearly every best selling beer in every country is watered down?

In reality, the best selling beers in nearly every beer drinking country have very similar ABV so by your standard they would all be watered down. And in one way of thinking you could say that as water is the single largest ingredient in beer by far.

If you really care about this question then you could do a little research (it is not that hard), but my guess is that you are trying to insult Americans but doing it very poorly. The US has over 8000 breweries. One of the highest per capita rate of breweries by country (behind New Zealand and UK) but much higher than Germany and many other. 

• oikoσ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There are many brands of beer and many styles. I can't speak for anyone else but there are time when I want to drink my home-brewed double bock and there are others when a clone of Miller Lite (also home-brewed) seems better. It's like wanting steak one day and chicken the next.

• 1 month ago

yes, I like a good german beer

• DCM5150
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Gee, what a bold statement "I like good beer"

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It depends on what they mean by "light" beer as it's not always the same thing. It could refer to the color, taste, alcohol content or a combination of those.

The reason people drink them is because it's cold and they think they're getting less calories than regular beer.

• Anton
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

MAGA -- "Make America Great Again."

Also known as WASPs -- "White Anglo Saxon Protestants"

Means White only, women back in the kitchen

American Cars, and just Good Ol' American Lager.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They think they won't gain as much weight drinking it. Also, unless you're referring to taste, being a "light beer" doesn't mean it's watered down. Bud Light Platinum has a higher ABV than anything made by Yuengling.

• 1 month ago

Only country folks drink Budweiser and Miller. Except your cases of raging alcoholics that can't afford good beer. Most of the world's delicious craft beer is made in America.

• 1 month ago

I DON'T KNOW. 

But I'm wworth $ 400 million dollars andI m   DRUNK LOL

• Brian
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Ugh! And have you TRIED Mich Ultra? It tastes like the water left over from rinsing out a beer bottle.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.