promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

U think new installed ac can be to cold ?

U think the hvac technician made my new ac installation to cold like to much freon or something any ac pros can help my questions

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It is possible to install a unit that is too big. It would put out very cold air but would tend to short cycle a lot. The most likely problem is a faulty thermostat or one that is set too low.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • elhigh
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

"Too cold" is easily rectified by turning the thermostat to a higher temperature.

If the HVAC system is larger than what is ideal for your home, it will cool the space too quickly to do a good job of dehumidifying, and leave the space cool and clammy.  There isn't a good solution for that beyond changing out the HVAC for a different system, or else installing a VFD to make it into a variable speed system - not for the faint of heart and absolutely not something you can do yourself.  That would require a whole new control system, beyond an off-the-shelf thermostat.

• 1 month ago

'too much refrigerant' can't do that. too cold, I assume at the air circulation outlet, is a feature, not a problem. you'll love it when the temp hits 35 [C]

• No i haven't slept well in a week over temperature drops to low at 75 the company will replace ac for something normal 

• 1 month ago

If you can't adjust a thermostat, turn the circuit breaker off, until you are hot again, then turn it back on..

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.