Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 month ago

What motivated you to become a law enforcement officer? (DumbQ) Is it terrifying andbstressful?

I'm just curious. The last I was on probation (for the third time) for burglary 3rd, I really liked talking to my probation officer. (He got promoted to director, so I was assigned to another officer.) He was really cool. I even strongly disliked that it was my breaking the law that allowed us to meet. He seemed a guy you could just sit back and talk to for a while.

And my sister used to call the cops on me quite a bit because when I was in jail for burglary (probation violation), i freaked out a lot afterwards, there was this one officer that seemed to be a very good man.

I know I'm a criminal, but I'm not an anarchist or anything.

• Archer

Unlike you apparently there are people out there who chose to serve their fellow man in many capacities. You don't seem to have the mentality for such service.

If you don't mind emotional stress from a large case load, increasing paperwork and exhaustion, then go for it.

A probation officer IS a baby sitter, just like prison guards.

Don't fool yourself!!!!