promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysOther - Holidays · 3 months ago

Hey For my 18th birthday in May we are going to Italy. I would love to go to the Vatican City even though I'm not catholic? Is this weird?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Ann
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

No, why would that be weird? Just make sure you have at least short sleeves and long pants if you're going into St. Peter's or they won't let you in.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 3 months ago

Not to rain on your parade but you might want to consider postponing that trip until you know how the corona virus situation is going to pan out.  

But no, it's not weird for a non-Catholic to go there. 

P.S.  I just checked and there are 1,000 cases of the virus and death toll is 29 in Italy right now.  Travel restrictions are in place at the moment.  

• 3 months ago

What a stupid question.  What has religion got to do with football?

• 3 months ago

No, I went to Italy years ago and visited the Vatican,am not Catholic, it is a tourist site and you learn alot about the church, there is nothing wrong with that.  There are many great sculptures and paintings to see as well.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Not at all weird. My wife and I went there one time when the Pope was giving blessings out in the piazza of the City. My wife even had a rosary to be blessed and she's not Catholic either. But my grandmother is; and the rosary was for her when we went next to my home town.

If you appreciate fine art, you'll love the Vatican. In fact you'll love Italy and the Italians.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

i dont think its weird

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Yes it’s so weird to want to explore new places if you’re not personally connected in some way. So strange indeed.

• Gypsyfish
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

I assume you're being sarcastic.

• 3 months ago

I would have recommended the tomb of Enrico De Pedis as your first stop in the Vatican but sadly he's not there anymore.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

It's a destination most people that go to Italy visit.

• 3 months ago

No it's not WEIRD to have an 18th birthday

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.