Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysOther - Holidays · 3 months ago

Hey For my 18th birthday in May we are going to Italy. I would love to go to the Vatican City even though I'm not catholic? Is this weird?

• Ann

No, why would that be weird? Just make sure you have at least short sleeves and long pants if you're going into St. Peter's or they won't let you in.

Not to rain on your parade but you might want to consider postponing that trip until you know how the corona virus situation is going to pan out.  

But no, it's not weird for a non-Catholic to go there. 

P.S.  I just checked and there are 1,000 cases of the virus and death toll is 29 in Italy right now.  Travel restrictions are in place at the moment.  

What a stupid question.  What has religion got to do with football?

No, I went to Italy years ago and visited the Vatican,am not Catholic, it is a tourist site and you learn alot about the church, there is nothing wrong with that.  There are many great sculptures and paintings to see as well.

Not at all weird. My wife and I went there one time when the Pope was giving blessings out in the piazza of the City. My wife even had a rosary to be blessed and she's not Catholic either. But my grandmother is; and the rosary was for her when we went next to my home town.

If you appreciate fine art, you'll love the Vatican. In fact you'll love Italy and the Italians.

i dont think its weird

Yes it’s so weird to want to explore new places if you’re not personally connected in some way. So strange indeed.

• Gypsyfish

I assume you're being sarcastic.

I would have recommended the tomb of Enrico De Pedis as your first stop in the Vatican but sadly he's not there anymore.

• Murzy

It's a destination most people that go to Italy visit.

No it's not WEIRD to have an 18th birthday