promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 month ago

Boyfriend drinks a lot?

I don't know what do to, or how do really talk to him.

What do I do? I honestly love him, and care about him, but he has addiction to beer. He spent the weekend with me. Friday even, saturday, and Sunday. During that time we went though a 18 back he came with, two 12 packs he picked up, two 32 oz cans of beer, and a few beers out of another 12 back. I didn't realize he drink that much until I took out the garbage. It really worried me. 

He can drink one after another... 

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Tell him that he has a drinking problem.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

I think you're realizing that your boyfriend is an alcoholic and that this is a serious problem.

• 1 month ago

He has a problem, alcoholism. Sit him down and tell him just how you feel, it will get worse, he will slack on his job, responsibilities, neglect you, booze will mean more to him than anything else, believe me. It bothers you now, just wait. If he gets puffy or mad then let him know this is it, unless he gets help, you can't help him with this only a professional can, a program. You'll be better off alone than with an alcoholic. 

Good Luck!

• 1 month ago

Do you have a question?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

health question, not food a beverage.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Make him decide between you & alcohol, keeping in mind "we" and not "he" tells me

you had some as well, do you recall how many? Other suggestions that I'd have are 

1) Making it clear if wanting to spend time with you NO alcohol can be brought over.

2) Purchase a reputable breathalyzer & have him utilize it before anything happens. 

Source(s): An ex girlfriend of mine had a serious ongoing problem with alcohol that ultimately led to our breakup.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

maybe you shouldnt go out with him if hes drinking so much

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You need to take the hint.

But you said "we" so you are sitting there drinking with him?

• Beverly
      Lv 6
      4 weeks agoReport

Good point!

• Tj
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

What kind of future do you think you will have with him?

• 1 month ago

He is a lightweight, I have twice that much and I'd just tell any girl to bog off if they don't like it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.