Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 month ago

Boyfriend drinks a lot?

I don't know what do to, or how do really talk to him.

What do I do? I honestly love him, and care about him, but he has addiction to beer. He spent the weekend with me. Friday even, saturday, and Sunday. During that time we went though a 18 back he came with, two 12 packs he picked up, two 32 oz cans of beer, and a few beers out of another 12 back. I didn't realize he drink that much until I took out the garbage. It really worried me. 

He can drink one after another... 

Tell him that he has a drinking problem.

I think you're realizing that your boyfriend is an alcoholic and that this is a serious problem.

He has a problem, alcoholism. Sit him down and tell him just how you feel, it will get worse, he will slack on his job, responsibilities, neglect you, booze will mean more to him than anything else, believe me. It bothers you now, just wait. If he gets puffy or mad then let him know this is it, unless he gets help, you can't help him with this only a professional can, a program. You'll be better off alone than with an alcoholic. 

Good Luck!

Do you have a question?

health question, not food a beverage.

Make him decide between you & alcohol, keeping in mind "we" and not "he" tells me

you had some as well, do you recall how many? Other suggestions that I'd have are 

1) Making it clear if wanting to spend time with you NO alcohol can be brought over.

2) Purchase a reputable breathalyzer & have him utilize it before anything happens. 

Source(s): An ex girlfriend of mine had a serious ongoing problem with alcohol that ultimately led to our breakup.

maybe you shouldnt go out with him if hes drinking so much

You need to take the hint.

But you said "we" so you are sitting there drinking with him?

• Beverly

Good point!

• Tj

What kind of future do you think you will have with him?

He is a lightweight, I have twice that much and I'd just tell any girl to bog off if they don't like it.