How to get along with my sister better?

She is 13 and I'm 15, we share a room.

I hate sharing my bedroom with her, she leaves food and period pads everywhere and never cleans up anything. She expects me to clean up after her and I'm not even kidding. She keeps me awake in the night because she doesn't want to go to sleep, this is having a massive impact on my grades.

She is always so angry when I confront her and I don't understand why. I've confronted her in nice ways, asking her why she behaves the way she does, how can we fix it, compromising, etc. I've got nowhere with her.

I can never get away from her for some space because she is always there, she sometimes follows me around just to get on my nerves. I can't really go out because I live in the UK and there is lots of storm going on, also I live in a very boring town with nothing to do, all my friends live in a different town.

My parents aren't of any help, they just tell us to figure it out between ourselves. I just don't understand why.

I just want to have a good friendship with my sister. I don't get why she behaves the way she does.

PS I am grateful that I have a sister and parents, I love them all very much, I am grateful for the food I eat and the roof over my head etc so please don't get mad lol

Thanks in advance :)

This IS a question. I'm asking how to get along with my sister better and explained some of the problems we have on a daily basis.

I have had my yahoo account for 2 years, I don't know why someone thinks I've had it since I was 11, I got it when I was 13 and now I am 15.

Thankyou

Bro think about it. SHE IS GOING THRU PUBERTY. Her hormones are going crazy. One moment she is mad the next she is happy then she is sad. Find the best time to TALK TO HER. Or tell your parents but ask them to keep you annonomys.

A question mark does not necessarily make a sentence interrogative.

• Lv 6

every single day this site is full of morons who dont understand that. they think? that? putting a question? mark at the end? of anything AUTOMATICALLY makes it a question? and so many times they respond with something stupid as proof that they don't know what a question is. easy points for me

I would tell my parents if I were you and explain to them you tried to work it out amongst each other but she is being rude and not willing to compromise and/ or work together to fix the problems you have. If they don't help I would get the school involved saying that you're parents aren't doing anything and explain what's going on with your sister

• Edna

Good grief!  The school isn't gong to get involved in arguments between her & her sister about a messy room or the fact that her younger sister gets on her nerves.

My sister was much worse when we were Young now 51 and 55.  She cleans up now but I think she doesn't bathe...nor does she bathe her child.  They stink and they're always getting sick.  She's the youngest in the family and has been very spoiled.  You wouldn't believe what I have been thru with her.  It's been my experience that people don't change much even when they get older they have the same sort of behaviors.  I was being nice when I said she cleans up.  She mostly only does it on her days off from work. But in her defense it's hard to balance work and home.

Not a question; reported. User also claims to be 15 yet joined over three years ago, therefore meaning they joined at 12 or even 11 despite the very clear rule stating that users must be 13 or older to create an account on here. Since this is a serious offense it has been reported directly to Yahoo administration to terminate the account permanently.

I think she is just letting you know who is in charge of the room, you had better get used to it, or just accept it and go with the flow, she might end up beating you up!

maybe you could try sleeping in the living room if she wont let you sleep

Your sister is still very young. You said she has her periods and that may cause her to maybe get irritated and upset at those times. But besides that she just wants your attention and maybe you can give her that every now and then. Make up a schedule , or put it on the calendar for her so she can see it. For instance Friday after school, play games. Board games for instance . Or do art together, like drawing or painting. Do some dancing on music or excercise. Talk with your mother about your sister not cleaning up her pads. That is something you shouldn’t have to do. I suppose you could put up with cleaning up for her aswell every now and then.your sister is in the i between age.....she is still a child but just coming into the teenager stage. Try to do your homework at school in break times, in the library , or straight after school when she probably wants to play.

It's hard to share a room in your teens... even if you previously got along great with your sister. There was a time when I was younger, I had share a room with BOTH of my younger sisters... three girls in ONE room and it was absolutely horrendous sometimes. I wonder if your parents would be willing to let you do some rearranging in the bedroom and create more defined spaces. My dad actually was willing to erect plywood panels to help my sisters and I create space, however, with some strategic placement of dressers and hanging up a couple curtains, I wonder if having a way to have some visual boundaries would be helpful. You can have a clean space and she can contain her mess to her space.

• Kitten1 month agoReport

Am not allowed to do that lol, the room is very small and we are on bunk beds

Start by asking an actual question. Or get off a Q&A site if you aren't going to.

Questions have interrogative pronouns and this "question" doesn't have one. Reported. Reported comment as well.