Do you have any nice ideas for what to put on or in a pancake for pancake Tuesday?

chocolate chips and whipped cream, cinnamon and sugar (don't forget the butter), strawberries and choc. syrup and whipped cream..and same things with bananas.

I have a really nice idea, scotch.

• denise

Warm lemon curd [poured over] and sprinkled with coconut.

Rum syrup [with raisins].

Charred orange portions & melted marmalade.

Cherries jubilee.

Plum compote & mascarpone.

My grandkids swear by plain buttermilk pancakes with fresh blueberries and whipped cream.

• BEST way ever. I personally like the cherry pie filling and whipped cream but yes, more "universally accepted" by the grandkids and my husband is buttermilk pancakes loaded with blueberries and topped with whipped cream . Husband also puts pancake syrup on his as well. :-)

I love it because I grew up on it, but it is one of the very few things I introduced my wife to that she doesn't like, and no one else I've told about it finds the idea appealing. I like fresh corn off the cob in the batter. Comes out similar to a corn fritter. Blueberries and chocolate chips work.

• John

Gotta say it even if it's boring. Inside only blueberries and lots of them. Outside only real maple syrup. And both together is best of all. Shouldn't need to say butter.

• CB

Hot Italian sausage (pre cooked and crumbled) with sauteed green peppers and onions. 

• denise

Oh yes! I like savory fillings too. 

• Lolly

Real maple syrup, jelly (not high fructose crap), breakfast sausages, chopped strawberries.

I would make a savory German pancake (aka Dutch Baby) topped with Swiss, chives and crispy bacon.

Sprinkles, food coloring, chocolate chips, peanut butter, cream cheese - not all at once though

The first thing I would think of is syrup 😀