promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

why catholic teaching is wrong in what they teach and do? list some stuff that goes against bible teachings?

i am catholic but am just wondering

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Doug
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Catholic theology and doctrine comes from Jesus and the Apostles and is guaranteed by the Holy Spirit. In addition to that, Catholic theology is totally rational and logical; truth upon truth; precept upon precept; much like a well crafted computer program/algorithm, with absolutely no "bugs". The Catholic Church is the only authoritative interpreter of the Bible, which is and always has been a Catholic holy book, compiled, written, certified and translated by the Holy Catholic Church, for the glory of God and for the purpose of our salvation. Anyone who claims anything to the contrary sets themselves up against the promises of Jesus Christ, who remains the divine founder and head of the Catholic Church. As a Catholic, you should already know and understand all of this. See my website for a collection of excellent, informative, Catholic links and other useful info.

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org
    • ...Show all comments
    • DP.
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Secondly, the church is the pillar and foundation of truth. It's just that the church is not the singular physical entity that Catholics claim it is.  The ONLY example of church in the bible says differently!

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

I'd rather be positive right now. The Catholics remember that Jesus Christ expects us to obey him, keep his commandments, and do good. That's more than a lot of other churches can do.

Go through the New Testament with pen and paper and take notes on important subjects, leaving your assumptions and prejudices behind. Then see for yourself how closely your church follows the New Testament.

The New Testament was not written by philosophers (except maybe St. Paul), but my common, ordinary people called to do extraordinary things.

• DP.
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Alas there so so many...but here are some...

Misinterpretation of the bible!

1) Transubstantiation... ie. literally the blood and body when its' not really!

2) Mary is mediator.  CCC 969   The bible makes it clear ONLY Christ is mediator but the Catholic Church sort of claims Mary is the mediator for the mediator!

3) Priests forgive but not really because only Christ forgives.

Not in the bible ... ie. made up!

1) Infallibility of the church...CCC 2035 .. Not only is this not in the bible or for that matter in ANY early teachings but it's patently wrong because the Catholic Church has flipflopped on doctrine

2) Only the church has authority to interpretation scripture.  Not only is this also not in the bible or in any early teachings but it's patently untrue.  You see over the centuries the church clergy has had great arguments over various elements of doctrine.  How could this be in the clergy that make up the church ALONE have the right to interpret scripture.  It's like God arguing with Himself! 

3) Salvation is ONLY found in the Catholic Church CCC 2034.... Since revoked and it's accepted that salvation is in other churches but nevertheless clear evidence of the misteaching of the Catholic Church.

4) Indulgences that the church denies were actually the church but just actions of the clergy unauthorised by the church.  Shameful blame shifting since the Catholic Church was in the entirety in support of the practice!

5) Mary brings us gifts of salvation ccc969... 

Crock of made up !!Not apostolic

The Confused Catholic Church (CCC) likes to claim apostolic succession which is at best flimsy appropriation of scripture but is demonstrably wrong.  To have apostolic succession the church would have to believe and teach EVERYTHING that the apostles did... and since the apostles believed and taught LITERAL CREATION and the CCC has no official doctrine and most clergy believe in theistic evolution then they believe and teach CONTRARY to the apostles!

• 1 month ago

Mortal and venial sin. Transubstantiation Absolution by the priest for starters.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You are Catholic?? And you don't even know that the Bible is a collection of early Catholic (and Jewish) writings compiled into a book by the bishops of the Catholic Church at the direction of the Pope? The teachings of the New Testament ARE the teachings of the Catholic Church, which is why they were accepted as part of the Bible by the Catholic Church.

• abdul
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

So many are poorly catechised these days

• odd
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nothing the Catholic church teaches goes against bible teachings. Step outside of your question and ask yourself, "who" says this, and "what" Bible and translation of the Bible are they using? Are you aware that Protestant Bibles are missing 7 books that the Catholic bible has, and that there are as many (more) versions of Protestantism as there are different translations of Bibles? And they know the truth?

Think about this really hard, and get a copy of the Catholic Catechism. Learn about what the faith actually teaches before you listen to and believe these hostile so-called witnesses to the truth.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it." Joseph Goebbels, Nazi Propaganda Minister.

• ...Show all comments
    • odd
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Again, doesn't it beg the question of "who" is making the accusations and "what bible" are they using, and WHAT authority do they have to make judgement, when the keys of the kingdom were given to Peter, the first pope???

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Just ask any today's Christian the doctrine they believe!  You will find the list that you're searching for in which all their beliefs have been debunked with the Word of God.

Three headed god called a trinity 

DEBUNKED (I Cor 12:6; Daniel 4:35)!

Eating His body and drinking His blood;

DEBUNKED (I Corinthians 11:20)!

TWO baptisms;

DEBUNKED (Ephesians 4:5)!

AND a host of other LIES that these

IGNORANT GULLIBLE CATHOLIC ANTICHRIST 

BELIEVE!

ASK A TODAY'S "CHRISTIAN!"

• 1 month ago

I've actually looked into this

(I've read the entire Catechism of the Catholic Church)

and

I don't know of any of their teachings that directly contradict a Bible teaching.

There *are* some Catholic teachings that make me feel UNEASY

and

there are some that I view as ***completely and totally unnecessary requirements***

(which **in a way** violates a particular Bible teaching)

but I see no doctrine that is CLEARLY contrary to Bible teaching.

Me: Fundamentalist Christian

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

pedophile priests should be enough for the list dont you think

• ...Show all comments
    • abdul
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

The Church is not the only place to find paedophilia. You can find that lurking just about anywhere kids are gathered.

• 1 month ago

Catholic cat will always know what you did, you can run but you for sure cannot hide...! Bow to Catholic kittay!!! Bow peasant...

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.