Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Husband hasn't taken court ordered parenting class for divorce...?

After 20+ years im finally divorcing my husband. The last straw was he had a child 5 years ago but he refused to see her. This year I accidentally see them together in his phone. I asked when did this happen n he said I don't have to tell u ****. I have always said he should be in her life and never made it an issue but obviously I wasn't supposed to be apart of it. We have 4 kids together. After that I filed it's been 4 months and he hasn't taken the parenting class. I took mine the week I filed. The lawyer said she can put in no visitation until he takes class and judge will still grant the divorce. I was trying to avoid that bc he takes care of our kids. I have been to hell and back dealing with him..u name it STDs,abuse,stress,our kids had issues in school going through this...etc and after everything Im still try taking the high road. At this point I just want it done. He says he can't get off from work n now has no car. Should I just file it with revised paperwork saying no visitation? Mind you, when I said I was filling he said hurry up n do the **** on Monday. I waited until I wasn't mad n had a clear mind then filed. Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated 😊

He chooses what he wants for himself. You need to do the same. That unfortunately is where you two are at.

What is the reason you two are required to take parenting classes? I know a lot of people who have gone through a divorce with children and that was never mentioned at all. If he was an okay Dad for your 4 kids and took care of them.... why is he suddenly required to complete a parenting class? Was it the mother of the 5th child requiring it? What does that have to do with the kids from your marriage?

I'm sorry, I read your letter twice and don't see you mention why he need pass a parenting class in order to see the children, he takes care of, sired with you in your marriage. Something is missing?

File it now and arrange whatever alternative childcare you need to to be able to work and have a responsible person minding the kids.

Get the divorce if you want the divorce.  It's that simle.

The reasons WHY you are divorcing are immaterial.

He's playing a power game, to show you he's still "in charge". Ask your lawyer what's the best choice FOR YOU and listen to them.

Screw your husband. If he wants a relationship w your kids, he can do so, but you don't have to hold his hand and force him to do the things he knows he has to do. He's an adult as well.

• texasgal831 month agoReport

Thank you so much! 

I would if i was him, my son died

• funny

What a confusion. Life goes on ......

• Ana

So you’re divorcing your husband because he was being a good parent and seeing his other kid, and now you want to prevent him from seeing his kids with you, because he didn’t take a stupid arbitrary parenting class- Even tho the entire reason you’re divorcing him in the first place was because he was a good parent?

Yeah you’re kind of a sh^tty person tbh

• Ace Shorty

I thought she said he gave her STDs, you must've thought that she said CDs. , big difference there.