promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

what happen if my husband  died and we have one baby   do we have his pension hes usa  and im filipina ?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Depends on whom he made the beneficiary on this pension.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

If the baby is an American citizen then he or she would likely receive survivor's benefits from Social Security. You'd have to do your research on this.

• 1 month ago

Check with employer. If he was military and you were married at the time and he changed his Record of Emergency Data page, you should get the SGLI Death Benefit. Anything else depends on his elections.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Depends on the terms of his pension plan.  Some include spousal survival, some don't.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Kelly
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A pension/401k/retirement funds don't work like social security do and a lot of companies do not offer pensions anymore, most offer a 401k or a 403b (a non profit company does a 403b). 

If he does have a pension, the best people to ask this is the investment company the pension is through.  Some pensions do not have surviving spouse benefits and the pension stops when they die.  Those that do, you have to be at retirement age to collect the spousal benefits. 

I have both a 401k and a pension and I designated who my beneficiaries are for them, they don't automatically go to my husband.  

Your baby would likely qualify to receive social security benefits on his work record until he/she turns 18.  You cannot collect on his social security for yourself until you reach retirement age.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.