Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

Vaginal yeast infection: swelling and itching is getting worse and not better?

Hello! I am experiencing my first yeast infection, however I was not diagnosed with it by a doctor.

All the symptoms for it fit however, the discharge, swelling, itching, lack of any unusual scent. 

I have been taking a 3day remedy and while the burning around the vaginal opening (I was very sore) has stopped and feels much better, the swelling and itching has increased. What do I do? I am on my 3rd day now of the remedy, should I get a better cream to help with itching and swelling? Or see a doctor? 

I am 21 and have never been sexually engaged with anyone, no one but doctors have ever been close to that area except me. 

I used a menstrual cup shortly before the infection wich may have helped propegate it. Tho I noticed that my vulva was itching before the period started but I believed it was just from the need to shave the pubic hairs. 

I need answers, is this a very severe case of yeast infection or something else? 

• Ian

Some people are much more susceptible to yeast infections. Have you tried natural yoghurt? Rubbing it onto the effected areas rather than eating it. Apparently that really is the best treatment.

I am sorry that the world turned into the planet of apes. Doctors are damn idiots. Your body is full of toxins - that is why you get fungus.

• Tavy

Which remedy is it? Did you get it from a pharmacist?