With the coronavirus going on globally, is the UK considered safe for visitors?

I'm slated to be on a 7 days vacation trip to the UK in two weeks (will mostly be moving inside London, as I'll have to rely on walking or Uber for transport). Considering all the fear and precaution the world is taking with the epidemic, and the fact that the UK has several cases of the disease already...should I still fly there for a week? What are the precautions I should take if I do still travel there?

• JuanB

The biggest concern would be the flight and airport there and back.   Travellers from all over the world, cooped up in a small space.

Bring hand wipes and hand sanitizer.  Wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your face.  Just go where you need to go in the airport.  Avoid hand rails, door handles, light switches, arm rests.  On your flight, clean your arm rests and tray.  Avoid the airplane bathroom.

You take the same precautions as you would to avoid any communicable illness.

Wash your hands. 

There is a handful of people in the UK who have tested positive for coronavirus; those that are known to have it have been quarantined.

Realistically you're as safe in the UK as wherever you are now. The potential issues may come from international transit locations such as airports

• Robsteriark

Also all of the handful of UK cases contracted the virus whilst outside of the UK. 

Of course its safe the chances of you getting the coronavirus while visiting Britain are virtually nil No need to take any special precautions.