What would you do if you walked in on your roommate of the opposite sex, masturbating?

I m sure it d make living with them awkward

U walk out and dont discuss it. Its as if it never happened. Unless your roomie is trying to involve u in their activity, which is a whole other convo, ur roomie was certainly embarrassed and will ensure this does not happen again.

I'd ask her if she needed a helping hand or maybe a penis.

• Alan H

Probably walk out.    Some would offer to help!

I would ask if I could watch and possibly join in and if she needed a couple helping hands...

• J.D.S.

That would be so embarrassing. I'd apologise and leave quickly and act as if it never happened.

i would take a hard look

I'd ask them to join me, if they walked in on me. If the opposite were true, i might be surprised, but not shocked. I'd ask them if i could help!

• Tj

Just forget about it. Go along like it never happened.

• Sky

I'd simply apologize for the intrusion and say I'd talk to them when they're done.  I would also not treat the matter as anything awkward or embarrassing at all because nobody has any reason to feel that way about masturbation.  If a roommate openly masturbated, I would not care.

• Sky

I reject phobias and prudishness about the body, sex, and sexual activity.  It's an irrational thing to put up a fuss about.  So no, I would not care if a roommate was openly doing something sexual.  It's harmless.  All they'd have to do is clean up any mess they make.

You say, "Sorry, excuse me." Walk out. And don't bring it up. Should your roommate bring it up, you say something to the effect that humans do that, and it's no big deal. Most important of all is that you don't tell anyone in order to make yourself feel better by embarrassing your roommate for doing what you do and most everyone else on this planet does too.