Anonymous

A man around late 50’s to 60’s years old keep staring at me? ?

Hi, I’m currently 15 years old. I signed up for a play at my church. The day of the audition, I met some people but there was one guy(this older man that I’m talking about) who kept smiling at me creepy and staring at me. He also knows my age because I talked to him for maybe 1 minute while introducing myself and he knows I’m in high school and am 15.I also have a very sweet and small look to me so he obviously knows I’m a minor. I was so uncomfortable because he wouldn’t stop. Than last week I saw him again and he did the same thing. He would get red in the face and just keep staring at me. And now it is the same this week. After staring at me for maybe 7 minutes he will call my name and say hi to me. I say hi back because i don’t know what else to do ...I have trouble being purposefully rude or aggressive to people, it gives me anxiety. I don’t know if this guy means ill or not but I feel like he does and it makes me uncomfortable and I’m kind of scared if he will try to do something bad. I would love any advice at all. Thank you! 

Sometimes in life, it takes being rude to get your point across. So just talk to him privately and tell how much his staring bothers you and if it doesn't stop, then you will tell your parents and who's ever in charge at your Church.

You must talk to your Mum and Dad about this and NOT talk to that man on your own and even go to the police and ask for there advice in what can be done about him

If his staring continues to make you uncomfortable, you might screw up your courage and ask him to stop doing it. But honey, all he is doing is looking at you. This is not a criminal offense, after all. Who knows why, indeed, it could be that he stares at others as well, has eyesight problems, or who knows what is going on.  Maybe he stares at others, too.  You're scared? But nothing has happened. IF and when it does, then you can make loud noises, tell your parents, ask for help, etc. But meanwhile, try to get a grip on yourself and go about your life, uninterrupted. Good luck,

• Etta

It could be a hundred reasons but maybe his eyesight is not good and it takes him a while to focus on something or maybe he doesn't mean to be rude but thinks of you as the same age as his granddaughter and thinks you look like her but I would forget about it and move on as there is more in life to worry about than someone looking at you.

Talk to someone you trust in your church group. Ask who the man is and is he OK because he stares at you a lot and you are finding it rather creepy. It may be that he's autistic? or a grandfather and you remind him of his granddaughter? it could be a lot of things. If you feel uncomfortable you should tell someone - especially your mother.

Maybe you should talk to a grown up who knows you and knows the gentleman.  I'm not sure how you think we can guess his motives having never met him.

• Melody1 month agoReport

Yes I know, I just don’t want him to get in trouble if he actually doesn’t mean anything bad. More than guess his motives, I’m looking for advice to let him know that his staring is making me uncomfortable and it needs to stop.