cat asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

When do you know if you can’t have kids. ?

Hello I am 26 years old with irregular cycles. I was on birth control for over 15 years to regulate my cycle and I stayed true to the pill until I joined the military were I stopped taking birth control, I didn’t feel the need to go back to it sense I would get my period every month, roughly around the same time. I even downloaded and app to track my cycle. I have had sex with my boyfriend unprotected for a while now but I am wondering why haven’t I gotten pregnant yet. I looked up signs of possible infertility but non apply to me, could I be missing anything. Has this happen to anyone else. I am not going to lie I am scared of the outcome. 

The only way to know for sure is to see a doctor and have fertility tests done.

• MissA

Basically you try and make a baby for several months and you succeed or fail. While you can talk to a doctor about looking for any obvious fertility problems, about a third of infertility cases have no obvious cause.

Even failing doesn't mean that you, personally, can't have a baby. The man in the relationship might be the issue too.