Anonymous

Why did my former boss stop approaching and speaking to me after I told him I got a better job?

There’s an Albertsons I used work at in California. When I moved, I transferred to another Albertsons store. All I was doing when I was in town was mind my own business and shop. All of a sudden, my former boss saw me while I was shopping and approached me. He asked me how I was doing and if I still work for Albertsons. I told him, “No, I recently quit.” He asked me why did I quit. I told him that I got a better job. When I told him that, he looked like he was insulted. Then a few months later, I was in town shopping in that store for a relative’s party. When he saw me again, my former boss looked like he wasn’t happy to see me. Never again did he bother to approach or speak to me. Why? What did I do wrong?

It doesn't sound like you did anything wrong.  Whatever the issues are, they appear to be his, not yours.

The only way to find out is to approach your old boss next time you see him out and about and say Hi how are you? If he's a bit off with you, you will know and could ask him why he's turned cold....or you could just think to yourself 'this guy's got a problem.....not my business' and just say 'goodbye' pleasantly and never bother him again. If he has a problem then it's HIS problem, not yours.

• Bort

The world is ending. This destroys everything for everyone because this one person won't speak to you.

What did you do wrong?  Lousy trolling attempt.