promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous

Why did my former boss stop approaching and speaking to me after I told him I got a better job?

There’s an Albertsons I used work at in California. When I moved, I transferred to another Albertsons store. All I was doing when I was in town was mind my own business and shop. All of a sudden, my former boss saw me while I was shopping and approached me. He asked me how I was doing and if I still work for Albertsons. I told him, “No, I recently quit.” He asked me why did I quit. I told him that I got a better job. When I told him that, he looked like he was insulted. Then a few months later, I was in town shopping in that store for a relative’s party. When he saw me again, my former boss looked like he wasn’t happy to see me. Never again did he bother to approach or speak to me. Why? What did I do wrong?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It doesn't sound like you did anything wrong.  Whatever the issues are, they appear to be his, not yours.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

The only way to find out is to approach your old boss next time you see him out and about and say Hi how are you? If he's a bit off with you, you will know and could ask him why he's turned cold....or you could just think to yourself 'this guy's got a problem.....not my business' and just say 'goodbye' pleasantly and never bother him again. If he has a problem then it's HIS problem, not yours.

• Bort
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

The world is ending. This destroys everything for everyone because this one person won't speak to you.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

What did you do wrong?  Lousy trolling attempt.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.