Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Do you leave your dogs collar on?

Or take it off when you’ve finished a walk? I leave my dogs on but my friend told me today she always her dogs off because she feels like “it’s like taking your bra off at the end of the night” haha. Do you take you dogs off so he’s more comfortable?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes! Just like your friend with her bra, I am the same, I need to take mine off at night, so I came to realize that my dog may be uncomfortable in his collar. what dog wants a strap of leather around their necks 24/7? 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

During the first few months I kept it on except while he slept in his crate. Then I took it off whenever he wasn't on a leash. Doesn't bother him at all when I put it back on his neck. 

• 1 month ago

You should;nt wear your dogs collar

• 1 month ago

I always take the collar off, he is microchipped and I have proof he is current on his rabies vaccine. Most people don't know the proper way to attach a collar properly to avoid choke if it gets hung up on something. I have seen break-away collars, but have your dog chipped.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I leave my dog's collar on during the day so that others will be able to contact me on the off-chance he goes on an "adventure" (he is a Jack Russel with a tendency to wander). I do take it off at night, though, or sometimes if he seems sleepy.

• 1 month ago

TROLL that keeps posting the same question.  I answered this last night the first time they asked it.

• 1 month ago

The only time my dog wears his collar is when we are out "walkies" So if he wants to scratch or role - he is comfortable.

On the other hand, if your dog is in the garden and is likely to abscond, put the collar on before he goes out.

• 1 month ago

Nope the only collars my dogs ever wear are radio collars occasionally at work. He was wearing one when this pic was taken, With the use of those i can bring ewes in from  far greater distances. And the collar is removed directly the task is completed As it weighs a little over a pound with the battery present and i do not like burdening my dogs at work or in play with such weight around their necks

Attachment image
    Source(s): just an ole shepherd his working dogs and flock
  • 1 month ago

i dont have a dog but ive thought of getting one,i would probably take it off too

• 1 month ago

I always take all 3 of mine off. I just think it would be uncomfortable for them to have a foreign object on their neck when they sleep. I just keep them next to the leash and put them on when I walk the dogs 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.