Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 1 month ago

Is Alzheimer's or Dementia, hereditary?

Im on my ninth year of care for a mother with dementia/Alzheimers ... its difficult to say the least. One thing is for sure, if you become a caretaker take care of yourself. Often the caretaker passes first from the stress, or depression or general poor health as you are so focused on your loved one. I took up basketball to save myself, made a few new basketball friends in their late 50s who too play and care for a spouse or loved one ... We have lots of fun for an hour or two when on break. We laugh we get exercise. Basketball was a gift out of nowhere from God to help me. I unload the stress w a good game or good laugh when we play ... thanks Lord. Maybe ...by sharing this it can help others, dont forget to laugh and make time for yourself for some fun, whatever that might be. God ... please Bless every single care taker in the world w something similar I pray.

Vaccines and vaccination can lead to Alzheimer's Disease too.  I have a PHD in this subject.

I don't think so, my mother got it even though she lived to be almost 91, her mother didn't have it, lived to be 84, nor did he grandmother who lived to be over 100. There is an enzyme that our body produces and some peoples' body quit producing this enzyme. Now nicotine can replace this enzyme but the medical establishment is not making this known. Chewing nicotine gum may help her but you would need to start a the lowest dose and then try to work your way upward to the highest dose because a person's body that isn't acclimated to nicotine, may get sick from the nicotine. It could make her have headaches, nausea or dizziness. The nicotine patch may do the same thing. 

https://www.webmd.com/alzheimers/news/20120109/nic...

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/04/0704...

She will drive you crazy.

i hope not since my father had it

• Nancy

It's believed that some people have a greater genetic predisposition to Alzheimer's and/or dementia but that that predisposition lies in wait to be triggered and exacerbated by environmental causes, which if avoided will result in not getting the disease or not suffering from dementia to any degree than comes naturally as part of the aging process.