promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Intern Tax Question?

Hey guys so I have a tax question - This year I was a Summer intern for a pro sports team (June-Aug). The internship was paid but not through a "salary," and instead we only got paid on game days. Do I need to pay taxes for this, if so, under what form? I didn't receive a W2 for this which is why I am asking this question

6 Answers

Relevance
  • NA
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Since you didn't receive a W-2, that also means that no FICA or Medicare were withheld.

This means you would report the income as self-employment income.  If the total is more than $400, you would owe about 14% in Self-employment tax.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

You legally have to declare ALL income from all sources. You didn't say how much you were paid in total. If you gross income from ALL sources was less than the standard deduction, your Federal income tax is $0.00 and you are not required to file.

In any case, the ONLY for for Federal income tax is the 1040.

• 1 month ago

Yes, you need to pay taxes for that. They are required to give you a W2, or a 1099 if they treat you as a contractor and paid you over $600.

• 1 month ago

Did you receive any kind of form?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You report it on Schedule 1, line 8, and then report the total income you show on Part 1 of that schedule on 1040, line 7a.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i would ask the people were you did the summer intern or a tax place

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.