promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Cassandra asked in TravelAir Travel · 2 months ago

(I’m 15) is there an airline that will allow me to be dropped at the airport and go through the ticket counter & security without an adult?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Absolutely- I'm 15 and I've been dropped off at airports and taken it from there on my own. I've only flown alone through Westjet, but I'm sure there are other airlines that do it too. Westjet considers anyone above the age of 12 an adult.

• hihi!
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

At 13, parental consent was needed for our son. He went alone, transatlantic to London, then Moscow. Notarized consent papers BY BOTH PARENTS were necessary. It pays to know your way about airports; evidently you have traveled alone, so you have the wherewithal.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Rico
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

All of them do, once you turn 12, and provided you have the required parental consent they (the airlines) are not required to provide a chaperone through the airport

• 1 month ago

I'm not sure what you mean by 'the ticket counter'. I'd be surprised if you were allowed to buy a plane ticket at 15. Perhaps you meant the check-in counter?

Also it will make a difference whether your flight is domestic or international.

• 2 months ago

It some situations it is possible.

MOST  will require an Adult be there to complete the check in process.

Why list Airlines that do not fly where you live or desire to go.

Thousands of smaller private planes you can fly on.Too many to list.

Very few CHILDREN need to travel without their parents assistance.

That you WANT to travel is some other issue.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • R K
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

no.............

• DEBS
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There are many which allow you to fly by yourself.  If you want to walk up to a ticket counter and pay cash for a ticket without an adult with you that may raise some red flags.  

Airlines have different policies though:  https://thepointsguy.com/news/airline-unaccompanie...

• 2 months ago

No.  Your parents must accompany you when you buy the ticket.

• ...Show all comments
    • DEBS
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

That is why I specifically typed "@hihi".  That means I'm responding to that person's comment.  

American is one airline.  All airlines have different rules.  In general I believe their policy is in line with other airlines.  I stated that as much in my answer.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.