Why do some of my questions not get a lot of answers?
- Anonymous1 month ago
it depends on what time of day, you ask a question. I have that happen many times also
- .Lv 71 month ago
Some reasons questions don't get any/many answers are:
*They are posted at low YA user times of day
*They are posted in low activity categories
*They are posted in an incorrect (sub)category or not the best one for the topic
*They are poorly worded or not understandable/gibberish
*They are complex and not many would know the answer
*They don't interest the people who saw them
*They are trolling or aren't questions (but statements or requests)
*They are posted in the wrong category or not the best category to get good answers
*Some users refuse to reply to a question posted by a user using the Anonymous feature
*Your question is only visible to you due to it being hung in the spam filter (log out of your account OR try viewing your question in another browser in which you aren't logged in to your YA account. If you can see the question, then it's fine. If you can't, then go into it and move it to another category, then back where it belongs. Check it again with a non-logged in account. Once you can see it, you can feel sure others can see it too).
- LANLv 71 month ago
Same as last time you asked this. Because most of what you post is childish garbage. That is why you hide your posting history after all.
- ZirpLv 71 month ago
a good legit question needs just one answer: the correct one
Of course, there is no guarantee that anyone who knows the answer actually sees the question.
Or your question may be too vague and lack details
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- DanielLv 71 month ago
Fewer Users use this Site then there use to be so Maybe some of them you are Posting at a Low Traffic Period so Not many people may be seeing them
- Weasel McWeaselLv 71 month ago
Because usership is sparse these days, due to all the trolling and stalking and zero help from Yahoo with Moderation.
spare me the lectures about how the site is community moderated..........NOT, it's NOT--------because if it WERE being "moderated" by the community, then obvious troll crap would instantly disappear .
What DOES disappear.......are comments and questions by GOOD users, that break no guidelines, because multi-account stalkers and trolls ARE "moderating" the site, by abusing the reporting system.
That's the only "moderation" going on around here. ---which is nothing but blatant cheating and petty flame wars-
- 1 month ago
There are several general reasons questions are not answered.
1. Dear Abby type questions
2. Obvious violations
3. Anonymous askers
4. Easily googled
5. Asking about very archaic things that people have little interest in
6. Not enough detail - give all the information needed (especially when asking about violations)
7. Questions that would require us to have your phone or computer in our hands to answer
8. Wrong category - always double check and move if needed
9. Medical questions - the answer is ALWAYS "see a doctor"
10. Too time consuming
11. Too much extraneous material to read - we don't need your life story
12. Homework - one question may get answered, but not ten and showing your attempts helps
13. There is just no answer the way you asked the question - try rewording
14. Poorly written questions (all CAPS and bad grammar for example)
15. Using text and twitter speak instead of English
16. Really technical questions
- ไม่เป็นไรLv 71 month ago
The reason this happens has nothing to do with the time of day you ask a question. You should keep a question posted for at least 24 hours before awarding the best answer.
The reason you do not see many answers is because of a spam filter that blocks the answer from being seen by you but they see it and think it posted. If they go offline they will see their answer did not post and if they try to re-write/revise there answer it could post. Not much you can do about this.
- 1 month ago
Well, you made them private, so we can't see what they were. I'll take a wild guess that they're incredibly stupid and boring.
- danxp2Lv 61 month ago
They are posted in sections not very many people check, and/or they are on topics people do not feel like answering.