Did I put my family in danger? ?

I went on a boat ride with my family yesterday. It wasn't a professional service. The guy who operates the boat wanted to fill the fuel in his can he asked me to help him because no assistant was there. I got down from the boat to help this guy my wife was saying not to go she is scared to sit alone. Despite I got down from the boat to help him I told him wife and kid is alone in the boat he said not to worry nothing will happen to them. In a couple of minutes we were done and started the ride. I am I wrong here? Did I put my family in danger in this way? Can anybody help clear this. I feel bad myself   

Sorry for bad English im not a native speaker :) 

If the boat was tied, turned off, and easily accessible, in case you were needed by your family before the gas can was filled, then I think there was no danger.  

Yes! You did endanger your family

Where were you- Harlem at midnight?   As i've gotten older I've found there is much less to be afraid of in life compared to when I was a kid.

fir its not your fault so dont feel guilty

I do not believe there was any danger at all.

Sounds like your wife was cracking the whip and trying to make you jump through her hoops rather than helping a guy with a minor task. Too many women are control freaks and make every attempt to make you do what they want you to do.

• cowsrmom1 month agoReport

How many is "too many"? I prefer "some" when I state broad, impossible to prove, opinions about any human, female or male. It's kind. You will sound like an intelligent human, rather than a hothead. Just a suggestion to help you cope in this world where some people don't know how to make civil talk.

It's a boat, not the mouth of a shark.

The boat was docked.

What would have happened to them?

I see no reason why they should be in any danger.  If everybody else spoke English except for them, I can understand that they may have been nervous, but I do not believe there was any danger at all.

i dont think so since nothing happened to them

• oklatom

that does not answer the question, reported.