promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
deeez10 asked in TravelAir Travel · 3 months ago

What do I say to get a refund on my airline ticket when I have insurance?

I bought insurance for a plane ticket for a trip that my now ex was supposed to go with me on. I didnt realize you cant cancel for personal reasons, what do I say to the insurance company to get them to give me a refund on this ticket!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

You have to prove that you don't go for one of the reasons covered by the insurance. Just saying that's why you cancelled the trip isn't good enough.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

You can’t say anything.  Only covered reasons will work and you must provide proof.

• 3 months ago

Say she was ill and unable to make the flight.

• bluebellbkk
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

You would have to provide a medical certificate.

• 3 months ago

You can't "say" anything.  You would be expected to produce proof that you had to cancel, such as a death in the family and you had to attend the funeral instead.  You don't actually owe the money.  The ticket was for your now ex (but wasn't then), so HE owes for the ticket.  Ask him for the money.  If he won't pay it, then you have to eat it because is something you should have included in the divorce.  It would have been an expense that he would have had to pay for.  You forgot it so, if he won't pay, then you will have to.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • MS
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

You can't "say" anything.  You have to provide documentation that falls within the terms of your travel insurance.  They aren't going to take your word for things.  

• 3 months ago

i would just talk to the airline about it

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

i would just talk to them about it

• 3 months ago

lol what's the point of the insurance if you can't use it? i'd probably ask for a refund and refuse to tell them a reason unless they demanded it. if they demand one i'd probably say he's reaching crunch time on an important project at work and he won't have time for a vacation/travel or say a business meeting was canceled so they only need one of you? 

generally, prepare an elaborate and plausible story ahead of time but say as little as possible if you want people to believe you. what your "company" does is none of their business in most cases and you're protecting trade secrets.

• babyboomer1001
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

She didn't say she couldn't use it.  She could IF she had a legitimate reason for canceling.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.