promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Would you say there is a big difference between a parent slapping a child in the face and a parent spanking a child? ?

For some reason, I feel like slapping in the face is much worse

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

Both are abusive. Both are violence towards children. Both are intended to hurt your child. That is NOT a way to teach your child, it is child abuse. I experienced spanking many times, and a slap across the face once. After the slap, my parents never hit me again, anywhere. Spanking is seen to be better because it is normalized. It shouldn’t be. It doesn’t matter where you hit, it is hitting, and it’s all equally bad and abusive.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 3 months ago

They're equally as bad.  If you need to resort to hitting your kid, you've given up on actual parenting.

• 3 months ago

I would never slap my children in the face. That's insulting and done out of anger. Discipline should never be done in anger. I've spanked my children by sitting them down, telling them what I was going to do and why I was doing it, followed through and that was it. Then we moved on. There's a thin line between discipline and abuse. 

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

i think slapping them in the face is worse too, my parents used to do that

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Carson
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

I agree. It means something different. It s meant to hurt.

• Tri-Harder
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

And spanking isn't meant to hurt?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.