promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What should my boyfriend use for severe dandruff?

His dandruff just comes off with a simple scratch. I looked through his hair and it just hanging flakes on his scalp. Something besides arm and hammer. He said he don't mind spending some money on it, like something Sally's would sell. It's cold outside so maybe it's that.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

What I recommend, over and over, isn't the right shampoo but a plastic shampoo brush that will remove all the loose flakes on his scalp every time he shampoos. If washes his hair every two or three days, this usually solves the problem. They cost less than three dollars and last a couple of years.

You lather up, then use the shampoo brush to comb the lather over the scalp, hard enough to loosen whatever's stuck there but not so hard it hurts. You use the brush to help remove all the shampoo when rinsing, too, since dried shampoo that didn't rinse clean can make flakes. (I also use it to distribute conditioner the entire length, which may not be a thing for a guy.)

Look for something like this: https://images.app.goo.gl/86qo3TvCVviBj6za8

• Jade
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

Thank you!

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Seborrheic dermatitis is an inflammation of the upper layers of the skin causing scales on the scalp, face and occasionally on other areas of the body. this usually runs in families , and cold weather usually makes it worse.

The scalp can be treated with shampoos containing pyrihionezinc, selenium sulfide, salicylic acid and sulfur, or tar. A person uses one of these shampoos every other day,until the dandruff is controlled then twice a week. This must be started again if the dermatitis returns after treatments are stopped. ( repeat)

Source(s): nurse
  • Kieth
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Give him head and shoulders, ir just skip the shoulders.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.