Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 3 months ago

Why do women still say “you have no respect for women” in an argument?

It ain’t that deep but it makes me laugh like what are they trying to accomplish? If I said “you have no respect for men” to every woman who had conflict with another male, I’d be laughed at😂 

I’ve been told it multiple times even over the most irrational reasons (3 examples)

Got told it by a woman who I shouted at after she nearly made me drive into the side of her. “Wouldn’t talk to a male driver like that, no respect for women”

I was told it by my ex’s friends (not her) for sIut shaming her in a private convo she decided to make public as she played me for 8 months 

And got told it on placement after I hit one of my colleagues after work for harassing me all day/throwing stuff at me (which I know was wrong but doesn’t make me a “sexist”)

Forever thinking I’m attacking their womanhood, why do lots of so many females think like this?

I know am not a “misogynist” but even if I was I’m hardly going to stress over it 😂

• Elana

Got to agree with Doc here.  Is it possible that you have no respect for women, or at least you hide your respect very well?

• Sammy

Some women I respect (those who have earned it), some I can't.  The rest: maybe, maybe not. You gonna work for it?

Source(s): Or you could respond: "Correction, I have no respect for YOU".

It's human nature to try to collectivize such things and make them more sweeping than they are. A woman calls a man "a pig" and he calls her a "man-hater", as if she hates all men instead of just him. Some women do the same thing when an insult is hurled their way. But calling one person on that one person's individual behavior isn't the same as saying "all men/women are X" (like what you're doing with this question). So if you don't want to be part of the problem your next question will say "Why do SOME women..." instead of "Why do women...". You're doing the very same thing you're objecting to.

Is it possible that you have no respect for women?

Only you know, whether you don't have any respect for women.  Although the fact that you can't even type the word 'woman', makes me suspect that you have very little respect for us.

Tho' those women may also not share any respect for men either.  If you shout at random strangers, your likely to get them to shout back at you.  Throwing things at your colleagues, isn't normal behaviour.

"Why do women still say “you have no respect for women” in an argument?"

Most of the time, it is being used as a slight variation of the "man up" statement.

Usually those women are expecting the man in question to respect women for their EQUAL status under our Western equality, despite the fact they haven't measured up to earning that respect in a particular argument, with regards to the equality principle,

--OR--

... they are expecting the man in question to respect their traditional female privilege position under the gynocentric, traditional arrangement from before equality was enacted in the West.

As you can see, feminism giving women the choices to be anything they want (equal or traditional), ensnares men as being "sexists" whenever any choice a woman decides to make does not give her the results she desires by any given man, at any given time.  Of course, that's  not fair for men.  But when did feminism ever aspire to be fair for men??

.

• amy

its the vag card

Women (mostly feminists) who say this are typically trying to escape owning up to the consequences of their own decisions and blame men.   

Feminist:   It’s not fair that as a woman I earn less than you do as a man.  

Man:   Well, you majored in women’s studies and only work 30 hours per week, where I double majored in engineering and computer science and work 50 hours per week. 

Feminist:   You clearly have no respect for women!   

Imagine saying so much only to say nothing at all.

• tj3 months agoReport

Haha you’re angry 

probably cause of a bad experience