promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Faint Pregnancy Test Line?

Hi! Me and my Boyfriend have been trying for a baby for about 4 months, and i recently started to feel nauseous, gassy, constipated and getting tons if headaches, we went to the dollar store to pick up some tests and i forgot to take one right when i woke up so i decided to wait a bit and test in a couple hours, i could only go about 2 & 1/2 without pissing myself, and i believe i see a faintly positive line, in this photo i followed ALL the directions and this was takes about 2-3 minutes after i started the test, do you think it is positive?

Update:

I took a digital one and i got a positive.

Update 2:

Everyone on this page is something else... GET EDUCATED PLEASE. I went to the doctors today and got my pregnancy confirmed and YES EVEN A FAINT LINE MEANS POSITIVE. you usually do NOT have hCG in your urine therefore when you do a faint line pops up, they were also NOT expired and used correctly. Before you answer ANYONES question make sure to know what you are talking about

Attachment image

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Yeah it does look positive to me

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Mine looks similar but slightly fainter, congrats! I hope im pregnant too. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

NO, that is not even remotely a faint line.  That test clearly indicates NOT pregnant.  You are either staring at the test too long or just engaged in wishful thinking.   Any result that comes on after the assigned time window for the test can be considered invalid.  So if you look at the strip 2 days later, it is no longer reliable.  Take another test at the doctors.

• 1 month ago

THIS IS NOT A POSITIVE! 

EPT TESTING

Faint lines are inconclusive which is negative. While hCG is a reliable marker of pregnancy, it cannot be detected until after implantation: this results in false negatives if the test is performed during the very early stages of pregnancy. The accuracy of a pregnancy test is most closely related to the day of ovulation, not of the act of intercourse or insemination that caused the pregnancy. It is normal for sperm to live up to five days in the fallopian tubes, waiting for ovulation to occur. It could take up to 12 further days for implantation to occur, meaning even the most sensitive pregnancy tests may give false negatives up to 17 days after the act that caused the pregnancy. Because some home pregnancy tests have high hCG detection thresholds (up to 100 mIU/mL), it may take an additional three or four days for hCG to rise to levels detectable by these tests — meaning false negatives may occur up to three weeks after the act of intercourse or insemination that causes pregnancy. *For a home pregnancy test to give you a positive result, your body has to be making a detectable level of the hormone human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). **False positive, Spurious evaporation lines may appear on many home pregnancy tests if read after the suggested 3–5 minute window or reaction time, independent of an actual pregnancy. False positives may also appear on tests used past their expiration date.

• ...Show all comments
    • Rebecca1 month agoReport

Everyone on this page is something else... GET EDUCATED PLEASE. I went to the doctors today and got my pregnancy confirmed and YES EVEN A FAINT LINE MEANS POSITIVE. you usually do NOT have hCG in your urine therefore when you do a faint line pops up, they were also NOT expired and used correctly.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It looks like a negative test 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Another negative test.

• 1 month ago

No.  Sorry.  That isn't a line at all. You need to wait until your period has been late for a full week. Then take the test first thing in the morning with your first pee. 

For 90% of all women, there are zero symptoms in the first few weeks after conception. Your symptoms sound more like PMS or dehydration than pregnancy. That doesn't mean you might not be pregnant, but you're testing too early for there to be enough HCG in your urine. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's a negative  result 😉

• Rebecca1 month agoReport

Doctor confirmed i am pregnant 😗

• 1 month ago

There is no faint line and it is negative, if period is a week late and you are pregnant then your pregnancy hormones hcg levels will be high enough for positive result and it will be a dark line, 4 months is not long, it took me almost 3 years, Good Luck

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.