Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 month ago

Why does the average white man have cavity riddled teeth?

Or no molar teeth at all? Is it a cultural thing? 

Um, they don’t? At least not disproportionately more so than other races.

I would love to see any evidence, any at all, that would make this question anything more than just a slightly racist over generalization.

In fact, the little searching I did, most studies find that whites actually have better dental health than other races. At least according to studies, including this one by Duke University.

I would be interested to hear where this question came from, though. Is it just your observations? Or did you actually see a study or read a paper on the subject?

• k w

I use Himalayan Pink, it's delicious and a complex of many salts, us Americans are treated as stupid, we're never told truth, it'll cost someone some money.....priorities are all out of whack

Poor brushing and flossing. Also some never had sealants.  

sugar .........................

The average person now days regardless of color is exposed to an eating pattern that was not available 300 years ago there's soft drinks there's sugary artificial beverages everywhere there's candy bars there is beer. In short everything that we eat is full of added sugar. That's why our entire lifestyle is affected there's added sugar in everything and it affect our teeth.

• Mike G

Please cite your sources.

• k w

never told properly what is needed for healthy teeth, quack won't make money then !

my father died from a mouth full of silver fillings, he didn't know either, til it was too late, the damage was done.....

Not true. However, when people have bad teeth it's usually because they can't afford a dentist or are afraid of the dentist.

• Rick

I've only had ONE cavity in my life, & I'm 71 ............................