promotion image of download ymail app
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 month ago

Flight travel, one person comes, 2 people leave. Help!?

I have a friend who wants to move to the UK to be with her significant other.

Now we are worried she would get lost on the way up and she wont have any way to communicate with anyone. 

basically all the flights have multi stops and there are none without a stop.

Is there an easy way for the significant other to fly over here and they can leave together to the UK?(them being together would make it so much easier)


She lives in indiana(USA)

9 Answers

  • 1 month ago

    You cannot just move from the USA to the UK because you WANT TO.

    Now we are worried she would get lost on the way  WHY?

    Do you really think it is that hard to navigate an Airport terminal. If in doubt you ASK for help. The Airports have uniformed staff wandering around to assist lost passengers.

    she has no way to communicate with anyone? Really she cannot talk?

    She is Deaf?

    Maybe blind as well.

    If that is the case doubtful she would be allowed into the UK.

    SO WHAT the route has many stops. You get off if necessary and get on the next portion of flights.  You are allowed to ask the Airline staff for assistance to find the next flight.

    If your friend does not have the intelligence to ask for help and to negotiate her way to destination I think she might not be allowed to pass into the UK to be with her significant other.

    Can she travel with a buddy. YES The buddy just returns home after they get to destination. Does buddy get to move in too. Probably not.

    Sorry this question makes little sense. An ADULT going off to be with partner should have the ability to actually get there BEFORE they wander away from home.-

    That the partner is in some other country has nothing to do with making your way from one flight to the next.

    Getting off the final flight is an Immigration issue and if they are not approved they are sent back to where they last departed from. How they get home is their issue to dell with.

    As a concerned friend the issues are not getting there but having the appropriate visa issued by the UK Government to do this adventure.

    You ASK for a visa. You might get one.

    WARNING there is no such thing as a boyfriend/girlfriend visa. Getting married, living together common law or whatever takes time. This process of mostly waiting for approval can be YEARS.

    In the UK you are able to use this thing called a telephone . From the phone you can dial around the world.

    Smoke signals are not visible at the large distance, homing pigeons do not fly that far.

    You could also use a computer and send emails, Skype or whatever. Telegrams are no longer used.

    The Royal Mail And US Postal service have exchanged snail mail for CENTURIES. It goes a little faster now than last century.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

    If she's old enough to have a 'significant other', why is she not able to read direction signs in an airport?

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

    You can buy a round trip ticket from the UK to Indiana and a one way ticket for her on the same return flight. You need two separate bookings, but you can make them on the same day. Make sure that she is qualified to legally move to the UK. 

    Getting through airports is pretty easy though and there are people at each who can help with directions if she needs them.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Joseph
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Easy.  Make two separate reservations.  One is a round trip from Manchester to Indiana, and the second a one way, making sure that the flights to Manchester are the same as the round trip.  If you can select seats, you can select them next to each other.  

    This, of course, leaves aside the issue whether she will be allowed into the UK on a one-way ticket.   

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

    Unless she's a child, there's not much danger of her getting lost. Airports are the safest places in the world, and there are plenty of signs directing people, and people to ask. She speaks English, doesn't she? Have none of you ever traveled by plane before?  If her significant other, who I'm betting she has never met, wants to come here, he/she needs to apply online for the ESTA visa. It's pretty easy to get. Then that person can come here and return back with her. But she's crazy to go off to another country to visit someone she doesn't really know. And she can't just move there- her s.o. would have to apply to bring her in as a fiancee. 

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

    Your friend can't just move to the UK.

    She would be considered an illegal immigrant.  You know it's not just the USA that has these.

    Your friend has to follow the property immigration rules, just like everyone else.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

    Of course; if they can afford it, the SO can fly to wherever she is, then fly with her back again.

    Presumably she has acquired the correct visa, so she'll be allowed to stay.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

    Unless the significant other  is banned from entering the USA, then there is no reason they can't fly out to collect her.  Your friend, however, must ensure that she is legally able to enter the UK for anything more than a holiday.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    So where is she flying from and to.

    Your Q is muddled.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.