Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionSoap Operas · 5 months ago

Do you still watch the same Soap Operas you did 10 years ago? If not, which Soaps did you stop watching and why?

Newsflash to the ignorant anonymous reply below: For years now, many Soaps have been  available online and are often broadcast in the evening, after most of us are home from work.

• Jade

I still watch the same soaps.

• Yes I still watch them except two and that is DOOL & General Hospital, I quit watching it because the storyline were getting pathetic and looney at times.

The only ones I still watch is Y&R and B&B

When we first came back to the UK, we watched Neighbours and Emmerdale as well as 'Enders.   Now that's the only one we watch - I can't remember why I stopped watching the others, it just happened.  We also watch Cas., Holby C. and Doctors.

When overseas, I watched Gen.Hospital, Days, Y & R and in the pm. Dallas and Knots Landing, plus Dynasty.    Sadly it was such a routine that my then hounds knew the closing music for Y & R and were up and waiting - for their food!!

• Jojo

Yep, I`m creature of habit and look forward to a relaxing evening watching the 3 soaps I have always watched for the past 30 or more years. I`m such a soap fan I even took a portable TV on holiday with me in 1978 (no internet then) so I would`nt miss my soaps. How sad is that then?🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Gercha! 

• Verulam 1

This is rather like me. When we left Canada to come home, I had to keep in touch with friends out there to find out what was happening with the several soaps I used to watch .  They do get you hooked! Other than leaving my super vet, that was what I missed most!

• night

I used to watch Guiding Light from the 1980s til it was cancelled. I watched As the World Turns for 5 years until it was cancelled. I have watched  General Hospital, B & B, and Y & R, on and off for the past thirty years. Many of the women I used to work with would tape the shows on their VCR s to watch when they got home from work. The soaps gave us something harmless to gossip about at work. I miss the Guiding Light the most. When I was in college there were two TVs in the student union; one was set to the Guiding Light and the other to General Hospital. They were on at the same time so most people had to choose which one to follow. The room was pretty crowded for that hour. 

• audrey

Still watch Y&R. Quit B&B. AKA as the Liam, Hope and Steffy show. Ugh!

• Murzy

I watch Days of our Lives.

I never watch that garbage. It causes brain cavities.

Supernatural is like a soap opera, so yes.

I have never watched soap operas because I have a job...