Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Do you know how many beliefs you have that defy the Word of God? Does it make a difference like circumcision in Gal 2?

OR WILL YOU REMAIN "PREACHING ANOTHER GOSPEL AND ACCURSED" (GALATIANS 1:6-9)?

WHY BOTHER THEN IS THE QUESTION?

Yes. That is to say, none.

There are teachings in the world that defy God's word.  That is why I search the scriptures daily to see if the things I believe and the things I hear from others are true. (Acts 17:11)

Two purposes of the scriptures are to correct and reprove. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

Most people are honest and sincere about the things they believe, but many are sincerely wrong.  Consider the following portion of an article titled "Come and See".  (I encourage you to read the entire article at the link below.)

DOES HONESTY MAKE ERROR TRUTH?

Since early childhood I have heard people say that it does not make any difference what we believe, that if we are honest and sincere about it, God will save us anyway. Have you ever made such a statement? Most likely you have heard your preacher say the same thing. If he has, ask him for the verse in the Bible. You may have made this kind of statement because you have heard preachers make it, and naturally you thought it must be so. But if your preacher has been making it, he must have some reason for it since he claims to be following and teaching the Bible. He should make such statements providing the Bible says so. And if the Bible does say so, he will know where to find it. So ask him to give you the book, chapter, and verse.

Notice this scripture from II Thessalonians 2:11 & 12:

“AND FOR THIS CAUSE GOD SHALL SEND THEM STRONG DELUSION, THAT THEY SHOULD BELIEVE A LIE: THAT THEY ALL MIGHT BE DAMNED WHO BELIEVED NOT THE TRUTH, BUT HAD PLEASURE IN UNRIGHTEOUSNESS.” This indeed is a very plain statement. It positively says that some would “believe a lie.” Certainly there is a vast difference between believing a lie and believing the truth. The truth is recorded in the word of God. If it is not taught in the word of God, it must be a lie.

Does it make any difference which of these one believes? The general idea is that it does not matter, provided one is sincere. Of course, he could not believe anything unless he is sincere. A person might pretend to believe a thing and be insincere about it. But if he actually believes it, he must be sincere. So the Bible speaks of men who are sincere, for it actually says they will “believe a lie.” But what of their sincerity? Will that atone for their mistake? Will God save them anyway, just because they are honest about it? Is that what the Bible said? No, that is not the way it reads at all.

Observe verse 12 again: “THAT THEY ALL MIGHT BE DAMNED WHO BELIEVED NOT THE TRUTH.” Notice the word “damned.” This means the very opposite of “saved.” Yet we are told that certain men would be damned. But who were to be damned? All those who believed a lie or believed not the truth. It does make quite a difference what a person believes! For if one is to be saved, he must believe the truth. To believe something else will result in damnation—regardless of how sincere a person might be.

In II Timothy 2:5 we read this: “AND IF A MAN ALSO STRIVE FOR MASTERIES, YET IS HE NOT CROWNED, EXCEPT HE STRIVE LAWFULLY.” When people say it makes no difference what we believe, they often add: “We are all striving for the same place anyway.” And evidently this is true. We are striving to reach heaven at last. But is striving the only thing that is necessary in order to reach that glorious reward? This is all that would be necessary if it makes no difference what we believe.

The Bible continues to tell us that striving alone is not sufficient—that a man may strive and still not be crowned, except he strive lawfully. The crowning referred to is the eternal reward in heaven—the crown of glory that fadeth not away. But yet a man may strive and still fail to receive the crown. Why? Because he may not strive lawfully. No person can reach that crown unless he strives lawfully! What does it mean to strive lawfully? It means to strive according to the law of the Lord. So if we strive contrary to that law we will not be crowned, regardless of how sincere we may be.

The law of the Lord is revealed in the New Testament. If we strive to go to heaven by some other way, we are not striving lawfully, and will not reach the destination we desire. These truths in the Bible clearly indicate that it does make a difference what a person believes and practices in religion.

• JoeBama

I never said I am "seeing if I believe what others are saying.". I said I am seeing if what they are saying is the truth. The bible is God's word. God's word is truth. I believe the Bible.  I listen to what people say to see if what they say is in accordance with God's word.

• Misty

I know all gods are myths and laugh at you people.

2 things: a] talk/faith -  the gospel is written for us to obey - the law of God

b] the walk/work - act of obeying the gospel.

we are judged by faith and work; 

a & b goes together... useless without the other. 

• 2 months agoReport

b] the laws He puts in our hearts and minds are what we obey and NOT IN A BOOK

a&b goes together...useless without the other

did you get this information from your computer prophet

1) Do you know how many beliefs you have that defy the Word of God?

To the best of my knowledge: not a single one.

Indeed: I've spent considerable time and effort on the subject.

Now: there might be a few that DO defy the word of God

but THAT they do is not something concerning which I am aware.

2) Does it make a difference like circumcision in Gal 2?

I don't understand the question.

3) OR WILL YOU REMAIN "PREACHING ANOTHER GOSPEL AND ACCURSED" (GALATIANS 1:6-9)?

Beam in your own eye.

I believe the gospel of Jesus Christ

and I do NOT believe the gospel of Granny Norine.

• 2 months agoReport

"Now go! I will help you speak and I will teach you what to say." (Exd 4:12)

"For it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you" (Matt 10:20)