promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous

I give my mom about $2,000 ever year to help her pay for stuff. Do you think that's kind of messed up? Or is that common?

I'm 25 years old.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I don't know if it messed up or if it isn't, but it's certainly not common. What kind of "stuff" are you helping her pay for?

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If your mom has financial problems and you can afford to help her this is actually what you're supposed to be doing. Now if she's wasting the money on vices that would be another thing entirely.

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

What kind of stuff and why are you doing it.  One thing to pay rent if you are living with your parents, its another thing to just pay for things for them when they can't afford it.  If they are overspending, then why are you enabling your mother?    Need a little more information for a better response.

• 1 month ago

Why wound anyone think someone helping a parent is kind of messed up? 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

If you are living with her and this is to cover your accommodation, laundry, food etc - household bills it is definitely NOT enough. If you live at home and earn money from a job you should be giving a third to two thirds of your paycheck. If you live separately and pay your own way and this money is just a gift to your mother to spend as she wishes, then you are generous.

• 1 month ago

Common in what sense, I wonder? It doesn't matter, though, if that's what you both want it is kind!

• 1 month ago

hopefully it isnt for drugs

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you can afford it, and she needs the support... keep it up.    You have had more than that from her over the years 

• 1 month ago

if you can afford it and want to do it, what's the problem?

• 1 month ago

Depends on the situation you both are in.  It is common for families to help each other.    What are your mom's income and expenses ?  What are yours ?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.