Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetComputer Networking · 1 month ago

My wifi isnt working for PS4 and phone. DNS error?

My wifi is saying DNS error has occurred if anyone knows a fix for this please let me know I tried resetting my router and unplugged in for awhile it's glowing all green like it should be idk the problem?

• BigE

This is always a red herring.  Since the first packet for a connection is to get the IP for a name, a  DNS error almost always indicates a connection problem and not a DNS problem.

You can use a ping tool and just use the ip 8.8.8.8, which is googles dns but also responds to ping.  If it doesn't work, it is not a DNS issue but a connection issue.

log into your router and set your DNS to 8.8.8.8

DNS is domain name system and serves as the phonebook for the internet. Without it, you go nowhere unless you know the IP address.You can open a command line  (Windows key R and cmd) and type ping 8.8.8.8 and that will work.  What won't work is ping google.com.  When the DNS server it working, that gets translated into an IP address like 108.177.122.113. Ping 108.177.122.113 will also work even though it is one of the addresses for google.com.  You can also go to 108.177.122.113 on your brower and get a google search page.

• GTB

Does you wireless work with other devices? Do you have wired devices and do they work? Do you have a dynamic public IP address from your ISP or static? If it is dynamic is the router configured to obtain its DNS automatically or is it set to static with an incorrect DNS I P address? Need a lot more questions answered before anyone can help.

If your browser is unable to connect to the Internet, the Windows troubleshooting feature will occasionally respond with a message: DNS server not responding or Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding. Quite a few factors can cause this notification to appear.

Read more................Best solution:https://blog.pcrisk.com/windows/12235-how-to-fix-t... solutions:https://www.ubergizmo.com/how-to/fix-dns-server-no...

• Roddy

On your computer, set the router's IP address in the box for the DNS server address.

DNS error means you lost internet connection completely and I think you need to pay your wifi

• John1 month agoReport

Fixed it my apartment complex was doing something with the Cable in another apartment and messed up mine they fixed it though thanks