Can anyone help me with the value of a coin I have ?

I recently discovered a 1997 Kennedy half dollar coin and after searching and a comparing it to pictures of other exactly identical coins of the same coin and same year in a variety of different types of states of condition in accordance with PCGS gradings standards of coins, I estimated the 1997 Kennedy half dollar coin to approximately be in a minimum state of condition of no less than a grading of PCGS MS 68 state of condition, and I don't have any knowledge of any reputable coin buyers and sellers within close proximity of myself and my location, I've provided a recent photograph of the coin I have, please note any discoloration in the photo I've provided is due to lighting, but can anyone help me out with any information about the value and potential selling value of the 1997 Kennedy half dollar coin that 

I have ??

I will guarantee that you do not have an MS-68 coin.  PCGS has only certified four coins at that level with none higher out of 350 submissions.  350 submissions is a very small number, but about right for a modern coin that has a value in the lower Mint State grades that is well below the cost of grading. And MS 64, 65 and 66 examples of the 1997-D half dollar are selling on eBay for a little bit less than the PCGS guide price.

The guide price for MS 67 is $215.  One of those sold on eBay for $170. Now, you can go to a coin dealer that is a PCGS member and pay them about $40 to send it in and keep your fingers crossed that you get a 67 out of it, but it's not likely. If you get a 66 or lower, you are going to lose money.

As it sits, as a raw coin, no one is going to pay you more than a dollar or two. You cannot compare anything to a PCGS coin unless it's in a PCGS holder. You can look at Photograde all you want.  It's only a research tool and nothing more. The truly high grade coins with very few flaws must be looked at under the high magnification PCGS uses. Photograde is very useful for coins in low and mid-grades, less useful when you get to the lower mint states where differences are less obvious, and essentially useless in the high mint state grades.

It worth over 100dollars

• David4 weeks agoReport

How do you know that it is worth over $100.00 ??, what proof can you provide me with that would legitimatize your claim of my 1997 Kennedy half dollar coin being worth over $100.00 ?? 

• Mike

nice condition, but hardly a rarity. just over 295 MILLION made and in MS 60 would be worth about $ 5.50. Slightly higher for proven better grade.

• curtisports2

A PCGS MS 65 sold on eBay recently for $4.99

A proof is about $50 a certified coin in good condition is worth about $20 the normal selling price of a normal 50 cent coin of that year is between 5 and $8. The fact that it's gold plated actually lowers the value.

• curtisports2

Who said it was gold-plated?

• Rick

I've got a box of them someplace .............................