Jess asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

I am 13 year old girl and I pee myself, daily I find it in my underwear but occasionally I feel nothing then I just completely wet myself ?

I haven’t seen a doctor or told anyone , I tend to just change my underwear discretely. And I haven’t started my period.

It might be one of two things. It could indeed be urine, since leaks with urinary incontinence do occur. 

Know however, that it could also be vaginal discharge which is perfectly normal, because the body makes it to keep the vagina clean, lubricated, moist and free from infection. It's also totally normal for the discharge to be different at different parts of the menstrual cycle. Obviously, the monthly menstrual flow consists of blood, hence why it's red, and the white discharge is to keep yourself clean 'down below'. While you're ovulating, a clear, thick, slippery discharge is created, similar to raw egg white. This is in order to make it easier for sperm to potentially reach and fertilize an egg, resulting in a pregnancy.If the discharge is causing discomfort in your underwear, I recommend that you wear a fresh pantyliner daily. A pantyliner is like a miniature version of a sanitary towel without wings which is stuck in your underwear to absorb natural discharge and trap any wetness, so that any odor won't develop. I would recommend that you try the always or bodyform ones. I find that they work well and are a decent price, especially if you can get them in discount shops like Home Bargains or B&M.The only time it's a cause for concern and which warrants a doctor's appointment is if you experience any of the following:-- you get much heavier discharge than normal, meaning it's soaking through a pantyliner in less than a full day- it's clumpy, like cottage cheese (this indicates that you have a yeast infection)- the discharge caused itching, a burning sensation (especially when urinating), redness or irritation to the genitals (this indicates a yeast infection or STD)- it contains blood other than during your period.- it has a foul odor (indicates an infection)However, the only way to be sure is to consult a doctor. If you're concerned, I recommend you see your GP as soon as you can. Believe me, doctors will be fully familiar with urinary incontinence, because as embarrassing as it may be for people, it's a common issue.

Hope this helps.

You need to tell your mom immediately and go see a doctor.   You might have a urinary infection or something else.

It might be bladder leakage, talk to your doctor about this because you should not be peeing yourself every day. Also, using Poise pads might help your problem.

• Edna

Are you SURE that you're peeing yourself daily?  If you pee in your underwear, it will completely soak your underwear and, quite possibly, the seat of other clothing that you're wearing. 

What you're seeing in your underwear probably isn't urine - it's probably just your normal, daily vagina discharge; and, at only 13 years of age, you're not used to it.

Wear a panty liner in the crotch of your panties, in order to prevent feeling "wet". That's what panty liners are made for.

• Edna

Ace  Shorty: , it would  feel the same to her, even if she was only "dribbling" urine. Her underwear would still be wet, even with 'dribble". 

Is it actual urine or are you mistaking it for discharge?

Oh ya? I`m twelve. Budding breasts, and a super hot stepdad.

• :)

Definitely a sign of a bladder issues (bad stretch receptors, weak muscles, bad nerves) or maybe even a kidney issue.

You do need to see a doctor. Incontinence at your age is not developmentally appropriate

• :)

Cool. I’m not the only one who suggested a urinary tact issue. Why was I the only one you gave a thumbs down to, and why am I the ONLY way you corrected? Get off my aśs, Edna.

• MissA

Wow, you should go see a doctor!

• sian

It sounds like either an infection or your sphincter isn't reacting correctly. You must see a doctor or a gyno.

• Edna

It's her normal, every day vaginal discharge; but at her age, she thinks it's urine.

You might have a urinary tract infection, tell you parents, you should see a Dr to find out.