Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 6 months ago

What should be done to combat the spread of anti-Chinese and other East Asian racism due to the coronavirus outbreak?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Favourite answer

Racism and all prejudice stems from fear and ignorance.  These days most ignorance is willful, so sadly there is not much than can be done except rigorously enforce anti hate legislation when crimes are committed. 

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

REport racism on any forum.

• 6 months ago

We should have a zero tolerance policy with all forms of racism.  It's a form of hate crime.

• 6 months ago

it's unusual for me to accept anonymous as credible. i know i am confirming other research into behaviour and psychology/social sciences but i agree completely that all anti and hate comes from ignorance and fear so best we can do is make sure the moderates contribute to debates so they are not constantly outdone by the loud vocal extremes plus opinions and bigoted outdated ideas. let's stop commemorating the past anniversaries and concentrate on a new world order where success (however small apparently) is achieved and celebrated regardless of Political system in force and we no longer have cold wars. surely my generation have proved the world is global, like it or not. example is recent 'love story - a divided city' on radio 4. HK is still a nation and with an input apparently of 1 milllion mainlanders in a year or so, not exactly what i'd call divided, more an indication of a mixed marriage determined to survive.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • LAN
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

The only thing that can win out against any bigotry is the truth.  But China keeps popping up new and more deadly forms of diseases like this.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.