How to live rent free?

I'm tired of losing my income to monthly housing expenses, but in this **** economy, I'm looking to completely eliminating monthly rent, I just don't know what good housing alternatives are there other than squatting or living in my 2000 toyota corolla. I don't want to pay money to someone every month for a place to stay. That entire concept is ludacris! I'd spend more of my money on businesses if I didn't lose it all to pay for housing. 

50 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

Buy the house you idot

• 4 months ago

Live out of your Corolla.  Lots of people do it. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 months ago

Learn how to drive a semi and drive OTR for a company that has cabs in their trucks..

This works great as you are on the road most of the time. Most truck stops have showers, restaurants and you can park and sleep as well

There you go, problem solved!

• 4 months ago

Maybe you could find a job as a counselor in a group home. I'm not sure if you actually get to live in the home all the time, but you'd have a roof over your head part time.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

I see lots of bums living in Walmart parking lots.

• e9601:
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Pitch a tent, live on the streets, make a tree house, or grow up.

• 4 months ago

Unless you plan  to live on the streets, there isn't one single way to live without some kind of monthly housing expense. You may not WANT to pay someone monthly for rent, but there aren't any alternatives unless you own a home outright--and even then, you're still going to pay someone for the privilege of using public utilities. Buy a piece of land, build your own cabin, heat it with wood from your own trees, and dig your own well. Once you're out of trees for heat, and your well runs dry, and you are tired of spending every day chopping wood or digging for water, maybe you'll realize that renting isn't as bad as you thought. 

• 4 months ago

Do you have a question?

• 4 months ago

Save up and buy a place...just be prepared to pay property taxes.  

• Mark
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Over the Road (OTR) trucking.  You can live in your cab.  Even better if you can partner up and one sleeps while the other drives.

Property manager/handyman.  Free or reduced rent in return for collecting rent and making repairs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.