promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 3 months ago

Good excuses to leave work early?

I need a believable excuse, they already know it’s my birthday and refused time off, so what’s a good way to get out without them suspecting anything 

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago
    Favourite answer

Tell them you're having explosive diarrhea.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

Say you got a migraine, family emergency, etc. But don’t do it on your birthday it’ll be too obvious.

• 3 months ago

my wife is on fire.

Source(s): my wife
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

If you want to keep your job, you will stay for the time you are required.  You already asked and they said no, so accept it and do the job you are paid for.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Alan H
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Your are contracted to work

Why would they believe you are honest in your work if you lie about time off?

• Raja
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

In any work place workers are entitled to given number of days of leave during the year.Knowing very well that you have your birthday on a particular day you should have applied at least for half a days leave in advance.If you have failed to do so rather than trying to give lame excuses leave office at the usual time .Go home and enjoy your birthday.HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

• Eva
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Not going to happen.

Lv 7
    3 months ago

No excuse is likely to be believed if they already know it's your birthday (it will be assumed you're using an excuse to get off early for your b'day). Birthdays aren't holidays and many of us work on our b'day. You can feign feeling ill.

Your post belongs in Polls & Surveys or Other-Family & Relationships, since it's not about friends (but advice on what lie to tell your supervisor). 

• Edna
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

My employer automatically gives employees the day off on their birthday. Too bad his doesn't. 

• 3 months ago

They aren't stupid, anything you do now to try to leave early is gonna bust you. Just work your shift. Be responsible. You have the rest of the day to celebrate your birthday.

• 3 months ago

I f you are planning to do this on your birthday, any attempt to deceive them will only result in undermining your credibility.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.