promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Is the insignia thermal paste anti conductive? Does it go bad still still with in package?

I can't find anything om the website or anywhere else. I've had the thermal past 3 years and haven't used it.

Update:

Not heat conductive elective conductive.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

If the thermal paste is still playable enough to spread, it should fill in the voids making the surfaces heat conductive.  

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Steven
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Insignia Master thermal paste is not conductive electrically. It can only conduct heat. On the other hand, if you take a look at Cool laboratory products, you will find them electrically conductive.

Attachment image
  • 2 months ago

It doesn't contain any real conductive materials so it should be relatively safe in that sense.

Thermal paste doesn't generally "go bad" but as mentioned it may separate after some time from sitting in the tube so long. You may still be able to use it fine. Just throw out the first bit you squeeze out of the tube before applying it to your CPU if it's runny.

If you're really worried, it might be better to just buy another $8 tube rather than risking your CPU or mobo.

• Me2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Insignia thermal compound, SKU NS-PCYTC55, has extremely high electrical resistance.  It does not contain elemental carbon or silver, but instead virtually nonconductive carbon and silver compounds.

The manufacturer, Shenzhen Answer Electronic Co., considers shelf life to be about two years.  As the components of the product cannot degrade, the shelf life may be due to the constituent parts separating.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • art
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

its conductive - it conducts the heat away from the cpu onto the heatsink

• Dove2 months agoReport

I can tell you know nothing about computers

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Not in the Military section. 

• Dove2 months agoReport

It automatically did that

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.