Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

What do you think of the AKC changing the names of breeds like Tibetan Mastiff to Chinese Mastiff to appease the Chinese government?

Tibet claims it is a sovereign state, while China insists it is part of the PRC, and occupy and govern it.

• KaleyK

Political correctness is dumb; see what it did for the Boy Scouts recently?  The AKC doesn't rule my life, so I can call them Tibetan Mastiffs if I want to.  Regarding China, it is and always has been a splintered nation.  The interior has no relationship with the power house of North China which has no relationship with central China (The Northern China Plain) which has no relationship with the southern coastal cities, including Hong Kong.  China is held together by communist force-of-arms and it will fall apart soon. 

Fake news.  Witch hunt.

• *****

I agree. It sure does not appear that AKC has done any such thing: https://www.akc.org/dog-breeds/tibetan-mastiff/ There is no mention of a "Chinese Mastiff" on their site at all. Additionally, no mention found of an AKC name change in a Google search.