MP3 music kbps?

So far i been using Sidify for getting music from Spotify. All my music is at low 128kbps and once i played them the music sound dual. what do the kbps do to the music.

Anything less than 256 kbps is poor for music.

I use WMA Lossless rather than MP3 whenever possible.

I'm not very knowledgeable on audio fidelity, but I do know that this is the bit rate. In other words, it tells you how many bits of data are in the music file per second. In general, the higher the bit rate, the higher quality the audio, BUT this is not always the case. If the audio quality source isn't high to begin with, then your program can't magically make it better. It can increase the bit rate and file size, but it cannot bring back the audio detail that was lost during compression at any stage.

You should know that most music streaming services and MP3s are compressed. They typically use lossy compression which means that the file sizes are smaller, but the quality of the music file goes down. Whether or not you can notice the difference depends on your sound equipment.