Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingOther - Pregnancy & Parenting · 5 months ago

Can someone give me advice?

I know this is my fault. I’m not trying to shift the blame. I just want advice about what to do next.

Basically, I was on a dating app. Started talking to a guy. He invited me round to his place. I said yes. Got there. Turns out it was a catfish. The guy was significantly older than the person in the pictures. For some reason, I still agreed to go into his house - although he said nothing would happen, just talk. Once inside, he kept saying stuff like, “We’re here now. May as well have a little kiss”. I kept going along with it because I felt so awkward and didn’t want to annoy him by saying no. Eventually, we ended up having sex.

I’m now pregnant. And I don’t know what to do. He’s about 30 years older than me. I’m not attracted to him. I really don’t want to date him. But I can’t afford to raise a baby alone. And I don’t want to have an abortion. What would you do? How can I keep the baby?

• Jason

You are right by choosing not to lose the gift of life which many people in the world do not have but you have, do not go with the abortion, it is a LIFELONG REGRET, you will realize what I am saying today when you see the smile of your little one

Good Luck!!!

• Edna

Don't even think about keeping the baby. If you don't want to have an abortion (which you should do, in this situation), then give it up for adoption. Don't saddle yourself with trying to keep and raise the baby of a guy who's 30 years older than you; who you met on a dating site and knew nothing about; and who invited you to his house and  talked you into having sex with him the first time you met him.

I'm sorry, but this is really where you have an abortion. Do you want to be connected to this guy forever? He's a liar. You can't count on him to sign off on papers to give up the child for adoption. You don't know him well enough to know if a child would be safe being raised by him.

I mean, you could have the child and get child support, but it's not enough to raise a child. You wouldn't be able to work while raising a child, because child care is expensive. He could demand partial custody and you don't know if a child would be safe with him.

I'm sorry, you don't want an abortion, but this is where you get one.

Also, get tested for STDs, because a guy who lies may also have STIs.

If you want a child, find a decent guy who doesn't lie and isn't going to be a senior citizen when the kid is in high school.

Trolls almost always fail to make good decisions at times like this which is why they have very large families.

• sarah

You don't have to date or marry him...but if you want this baby to have both of his/her parents in his/her life, you DO have to learn how to be civil and co-parent with him. First things first, you need to make him aware of the pregnancy and determine if he wants anything to do with the child. If he does, then you need to discuss how each of you sees things going and come to an agreement on everything (will there be joint custody? Will he be in the delivery room? Etc.). If he does NOT want to be involved, you need to pursue the appropriate legal action to get child support (I have no idea how all that works since I've never experienced it, but I would be willing to bet that it starts with talking to a lawyer).

Doesn’t matter if you’re attracted to him or not. You’re having a kid with him. Go and ask him if he’s willing to be with you. Hope he says yes. The two of you should get married and raise the baby together. 

• Tom

You're stupid for even beleiveing what you read and saw.

if i were you, i’d look into adoption! there are always people looking to raise a baby that can’t have their own :)