promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 3 months ago

If woman hits man, is it still wrong for man to hit woman back?

I was taught gentleman don't hit women innit

28 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Favourite answer

Unless you are a wuss, if a woman slapped you, or even punched you I am sure you could take it. Get mad, and walk away.  most likely unless she is psychotic you deserved it.  And if she is psychotic you want to run anyways.  If you hit her, you can do more damage, and most likely be the one arrested, even though she hit first. You at best have a black eye or a sore jaw, and she will have a black broken eye, or jaw.  

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • ?
    Lv 4
    3 months ago

In Islam she would be dead

• Jas B
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

The only justification for assault is self defence. The law itself is actually quite clearly good law, and in itself makes good sense, in that should you ever find yourself being involved in a situation where you are actually being physically attacked by another person, you will then have a perfect right to appropriately defend yourself.

As well as being able to defend yourself, It also makes perfectly good sense for you to be able to defend yourself within reason, and defend by only doing what you consider is reasonable force and necessary to prevent more harm being inflicted upon yourself.

The biggest point is using "reasonable force" depending on the threat to yourself, the gender of those involved should not make any difference.

• 3 months ago

Women are entitled to equal rights. And lefts and upper-cuts.....

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Huh?
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

It's acceptable to hit back in self-defence if absolutely necessary, but men who beat women up for fun or because they're drunk and/or angry are cowards and vermin.

• 3 months ago

If someone hits you and you don't like it, walk away and report them to the Police for Assault.  Teach your daughters that hitting people is not the way to deal with problems in your relationship.  If she's dating a scumbag idiot, then don't hit him, leave him.

Normal people don't enjoy hitting other's, doesn't matter which gender you are, it's never acceptable to hit anyone.  Don't date women that enjoy being violent, they have mental health problems and need help, not slapping them back, which only teaches them, that it's ok to hit and expect to be hit back and no lessons will be learnt from that.

• patty
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

yes. u can always get her charged with assault.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

My ex girlfriend once jumped on top of me and started punching me so I slapped her face.

• liam3 months agoReport

did she jump on top of you for another round? if you know what I mean (starts winking)

• 3 months ago

Society frowns up on men hitting women no matter what the circumstance, but, in this age of equality its should be possible for a man to defends himself from attack by anyone without being castigated .

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

You're ok, you are no gentleman.

Edit, @ Popeye, If he was a gentleman, he wouldn't have had to ask the question.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.