Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 1 month ago

Think I might get a shiner?

Hey I tripped on a staircase and bumped my brow on a step. This swelling grew pretty quickly and I'm bit worried it could bruise and give me a black eye or even a shiner, if it's not one already? If you can't tell from the pic it's a goose egg over my eye.

You hit it real bad if you grew such a gigantic goose egg. 

First, there's no avoiding a black eye. It is absolutely huge. So will be your black eye. Deal with it.

Second, you need to ice that goose egg down. The bigger the bump, the worse the resulting black eye. 

Right now what you're looking at is four weeks or more with a giant bump and black eye that WILL swell shut for a week. If you had iced it, you might have save yourself a few days and maybe your eye will open up faster.

Ouch! You don't just have a goose egg... you have a giant black eye! It's only swollen now. In these cases its gotta look worse before it looks/gets better. Remember to ice your face and if your eye swells shut, don't try to open it- let it take its healing time.

Hope you feel better!

Source(s): Experience

That is a shiner already, but it's about to get much much worse

That, my friend, is a shiner indeed. Ouch! Prod it! Poke it! Jokes, be more careful in the future! Lol