promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsReptiles · 1 month ago

Can texts provide evidence for sexual intercourse? (statutory rape)?

I know it’s the law, but I think it’s stupid that the age of consent is 18 in Virginia and that you can be charged even if the other person is totally fine with it. Regardless, hypothetically let’s say I’m 20 and my girlfriend is 16 and we live in Virginia and engaged in sexual intercourse and her parents stole her phone and think we had sex based on her texts and based on them having a tracker on her and finding out she was out late at night. If that were the case what would be the best thing to do? We could say we were in Maryland because the age of consent is 16 there. Also the nurse said if her hormones haven’t changed and are at 0 (because we might have not used protection), they don’t have proof that we did anything (apart from the texts). Is there anything else to consider in this situation and do you think there’s any solid evidence? Thank you for any responses

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Cops/doctors call the test a "rapekit", it involves seeing if the girl's hymen has been breeched, & a swab of Her various hoIes, which are tested to find any DNA that doesn't match Hers'... the age of consent is below 18 in most states #1, & thinking it's 18 everywhere is a common misconception... 

cops are OFTEN even Themselves ignorant of such laws, & will unwittingly lie when asked, #2 there's also a "parental consent" age for kids, whereas the parents/guardians of a kid give another person consent, specifically to have intercourse, OR get married... every single state has different laws. I happen to know for instance that in Maine around the year 2,000 the age for a kid to be able to consent to sex was 16, BUT with parental consent They could have sex, or get married at only 14... This consent involves going to a courthouse, & signing documents, but if You know Her parents, & They don't care if You two are active, the chances of You going to prison for it are slim to none. 

96% of statutory rape cases are because the parents brought Their' daughter in for a rapekit, either because the guy dumped Her afterwards (this happened to Me personally), or because She got intoxicated at some party, & taken advantage of.

The best thing to do is find out from the courthouse EXACTLY what the ages of consent are where You live, & discus it with Her parents honestly.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Yes the best bet would b stop seeing her let her finish school and b a kid the only way I see it not b a problem is if u started seeing her while u was in high school with her which would justifiable if u dated through out ur highschool years and then still dated after u was of age and out of school but I don't see that in ur case so ur a pedophile and I'll love it in jail people don't like people like u in there 

• Clive
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I don't care what you think and nor does the law.  The law is what it is.  And what does this have to do with reptiles?

Texts can be evidence.  They can also be traced to where they were sent from, so lying about where you were only makes things worse.  And having sex in another state just because the age of consent is lower there is a federal crime, so saying that only makes it even worse.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If the texts don't outright say you had sex with this child then it's unlikely you'd be charged with statutory rape. However, transporting a minor across state lines for sexual purposes IS a real crime. So that's not a story you're going to want to use.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Most people who break the law ,think the law they've broken is stupid ,or just doesn't apply to them .

That's sort of ,the definition of criminal behaviour ?

And even if that criminal behaviour cannot be proven -- you're still guilty of it .

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, but claiming to be in Maryland would be a bad idea too as taking a minor across state lines without permission from their legal guardian is illegal too.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Legal consent age means that ANYONE younger than legal age of consent can't consent,, so if you are 20 and the girl you had sex with is 16 and the age of legal consent is 18, you have commited a crime and charged...... and yes texts can be used to prove your criminal behaviour

• 1 month ago

this is an issue for the District Attorney's office

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I would advise you to stop having sex with under age girls, and if you are that stupid, to always use a condom.

• Clive
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

So you don't know, as usual.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.